FS: Assortment of Estate Pipes: Barlings, Comoys, Bertram, Nørding (1-23-24) Canada

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The time has come to thin the herd out a bit. You know the story, I don't really want to sell any of them, but they are good pipes and deserve to be used. Prices are in USD and I'm open to offers. Shipping is not included but can be worked out. I can ship anywhere at the buyers expense. I have tons more pictures available to anyone who needs them. All pictures are as the pipes are, I haven't polished them up or oiled them at all so you can see their flaws and all.

1950s Barlings Make Ye Olde Wood 314 - $45

I think the Bard hisself dated this one to the 1950s, but im not sure of the exact date. It looks to have a replacement stem, which is loose. It came to me in dirty shape, and I did my best to clean it up. I like the graining on it, and the nomenclature looks good. Send it off for a new stem and you'd have a great old piece of British briar!

out-OgAxZ7Dm.jpegpro-wcXrvTwt.jpegout-Mp2YFuXk.jpegpro-IvKNkTQa.jpeg

1950s Comoy (?) - $50

Bought this off of ebay a few years ago, gave it a quick clean, and there it sat. It is not stamped Comoy's but it has that certain Comoys vibe I think, and I remember in the thread I made about it Al agreed. Its very clean as you can see, stem would need a quick polish to deepen the black. Stem fits nice and snug as it should.

pro-XccvT4hA.jpegpro-CyyNoFOI.jpegpro-EXRiNasw.jpegout-nx5TjzPh.jpegout-5EMi31cN.jpeg

Attachments

• pro-IvKNkTQa.jpeg
    pro-IvKNkTQa.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 10
  • pro-9D7tSFY7.jpeg
    pro-9D7tSFY7.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Bertram Strate Grain 80 - $50

This was one of my favorite cleanups to do. Bertram was a manufacturer of pipes in Washington DC and after the war, gave jobs to returning servicemen to fit the stems. This is an 80 Series, which if memory serves, would have sold for $8.00 (10 being the highest level). It sits well and is nice and fat, like a true Rhodesian or Bulldog. Has a ton of character.

pro-92S1TBVd.jpegpro-51aBJ11q.jpegpro-rn7Vi3Ga.jpegpro-M2dJhOhv.jpegout-Xl4U3GoZ.jpegpro-i2yvnNzK.jpegpro-R6txk6aO.jpegpro-M52zVTkb.jpeg