Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 9, 2018
England
This Saturday should see - barring a draw (anybody remember the first Lewis v Holyfield fight? 🤬) - the first undisputed heavyweight champion of the world crowned this century. Just wondering if you're gonna be watching, and if you are, who you think will win. The bookies here in the UK have Fury as the ever so slight favourite at 5/6 with Usyk at evens.

I think Fury will use his size advantage and will have too much for Usyk. Whoever wins I just hope we get an amazing fight that is worthy of the occasion.

WerewolfOfLondon

Can't Leave
Jun 8, 2023
London
Man I find this one impossible to call. If Fury is fit, then I think he will win. But that's a big if. The state of him in his fight against Ngannou was shocking. It pains me to say it, but I hope Fury loses. He has been messing around with this fight for years now, he wil, he won't, he will, he won't. Add to that the sickening scenes today with his father head butting the smallest bloke in the room. I know it's his Dad, and not him, but Tyson is free to send that old fool home, and even knew what he is like before he took him over there. They need taking down a peg.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Man I find this one impossible to call. If Fury is fit, then I think he will win. But that's a big if. The state of him in his fight against Ngannou was shocking. It pains me to say it, but I hope Fury loses. He has been messing around with this fight for years now, he wil, he won't, he will, he won't. Add to that the sickening scenes today with his father head butting the smallest bloke in the room. I know it's his Dad, and not him, but Tyson is free to send that old fool home, and even knew what he is like before he took him over there. They need taking down a peg.
Like you say, it depends which Tyson turns up. I don't think he took the Ngannou fight seriously and didn't train that hard. I'm sure he's approached this fight much differently. I like Tyson. Admittedly he can be an idiot, but he's a character who often makes me laugh.

I believe Tyson was giving an interview when his old man butted that guy so I don't hold that against him. His dad is a complete clown, though🤡.

WerewolfOfLondon

Can't Leave
Jun 8, 2023
London
Like you say, it depends which Tyson turns up. I don't think he took the Ngannou fight seriously and didn't train that hard. I'm sure he's approached this fight much differently. I like Tyson. Admittedly he can be an idiot, but he's a character who often makes me laugh.

I believe Tyson was giving an interview when his old man butted that guy so I don't hold that against him. His dad is a complete clown, though🤡.
I hear ya. I remember watching Tyson when he was fighting on Channel 5, years back, and I've always cheered for him since then. His fights against Wilder were the best heavyweight boxing I have witnessed since the 90s. The way he got up in their first fight was like watching Rocky as a young lad, nearly make a man cry it was that amazing. But since then he just seems to be on manoeuvres all the time, rather than being the 'fighting man' he claims to be and fighting whoever, whenever. I just wish John would go away, he pollutes the waters.

Reactions: simong and seanv

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Fury is in the best visible shape of his career. Check this link

There is the usual circus atmosphere surrounding the event. His dad head butted someone yesterday and cut himself open...what a clown.

I want Usyk to win and I think he can but I don't see how he can maneuver around the size and mauling style of Fury.

Once we know who the ref will be, I will have a prediction but I'm leaning toward Fury by TKO in 11

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg
Jun 9, 2018
England
I hear ya. I remember watching Tyson when he was fighting on Channel 5, years back, and I've always cheered for him since then. His fights against Wilder were the best heavyweight boxing I have witnessed since the 90s. The way he got up in their first fight was like watching Rocky as a young lad, nearly make a man cry it was that amazing. But since then he just seems to be on manoeuvres all the time, rather than being the 'fighting man' he claims to be and fighting whoever, whenever. I just wish John would go away, he pollutes the waters.
Yeah, the way he got up was amazing. I thought for sure he was done. I agree with you about his bullshit, recently. His constant mixed messaging on whether this fight was gonna happen was tiresome. I'd like to see him win but what I really want is to see a great fight. It's such an intriguing match up. Can Usyk overcome Tyson's size? He's gonna have to have a great game plan. There's so much hype and bs in the fight game but this really does have the potential to live up to it.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Fury is in the best visible shape of his career. Check this link

There is the usual circus atmosphere surrounding the event. His dad head butted someone yesterday and cut himself open...what a clown.

I want Usyk to win and I think he can but I don't see how he can maneuver around the size and mauling style of Fury.

Once we know who the ref will be, I will have a prediction but I'm leaning toward Fury by TKO in 11
He does look to be in great shape. He knows that becoming the first undisputed champ since Lennox will cement his legacy as one of the greats. 2 different styles, 2 different sizes, both unbeaten, all the titles on the line. Looking forward to this one.

Reactions: seanv

WerewolfOfLondon

Can't Leave
Jun 8, 2023
London
Yeah, the way he got up was amazing. I thought for sure he was done. I agree with you about his bullshit, recently. His constant mixed messaging on whether this fight was gonna happen was tiresome. I'd like to see him win but what I really want is to see a great fight. It's such an intriguing match up. Can Usyk overcome Tyson's size? He's gonna have to have a great game plan. There's so much hype and bs in the fight game but this really does have the potential to live up to it.
It really is intriguing. I can't wait. Cold beer, bacci, and boxing, pure heaven. I'm thinking of sticking a few quid on the draw. 14/1 last time I looked, which is a terrible price, but shows I'm not the only one thinking it.

Jun 9, 2018
England
It really is intriguing. I can't wait. Cold beer, bacci, and boxing, pure heaven. I'm thinking of sticking a few quid on the draw. 14/1 last time I looked, which is a terrible price, but shows I'm not the only one thinking it.
The promoters would be happy. Just like back in the day with Lewis v Holyfield. Draw means they get to do it all over again..... Double pay day!

At least Don King isn't involved this time🥳

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
The promoters would be happy. Just like back in the day with Lewis v Holyfield. Draw means they get to do it all over again..... Double pay day!

At least Don King isn't involved this time🥳
I think they’ve already agreed to a rematch so like werewolf says, a draw could be on the cards. Who knows, like you I’m just hoping for an entertaining bout.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I see it as Fury by split decision. It will be close but Furys actions catch the judges eye more than technical boxing.
Big win for Kabayel just now. Sanchez has been exposed. Mid level guy at best.