Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 27, 2020
Damn right.

My tomatoes did poorly, but I think the ugly ones are even better in flavor.

My corn is everywhere.. I plan to post pictures on the other thread tomorrow.

I would enjoy seeing that.

Supermarkets sell vegetables that look like what a vegetable that comes out of a factory would look like. Actually, they are mass ripened after picked with some gas which name I forget.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ooo-la-la. Love those tomatoes. I made some mighty fine BLT's yesterday. I was much pleased. My wife makes superlative pasta sauce with fresh tomatoes, a completely different sauce than with canned tomatoes, good as that is. It's the jewel of summer.

Jan 27, 2020
Rain has really been an issue here meaning lack of. I should of put in some zucchini this year to boost my confidence. I bought some really nice ones at the farmer's market yesterday, they are the typical zucchini shape and green, but have a bit more texture to the skin and really tasty. Always, last year I harvested most of my tomatoes at the end of September so their is still hope. I wanted to grow some of mine on composted straw this summer but my Mom's neighbor chucked my week old composting bales because he said they smelled. I am only able to stop in there once a week max and had no energy to bitch the guy out when I saw him. Crazy how some people are more interested in their shitty lawn than food security. I would of likely give him a lot of vegetables if he hadn't done that.

Reactions: STP

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
I would enjoy seeing that.

Supermarkets sell vegetables that look like what a vegetable that comes out of a factory would look like. Actually, they are mass ripened after picked with some gas which name I forget.
Ethylene.

It’s naturally produced by ripening fruits. Put something ripe in a paper bag with some fruit that isn’t and they’ll ripen immediately.

Reactions: STP