Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Makembake

Might Stick Around
Oct 24, 2022
Australia
Hi fellow pipe smokers,
I began smoking pipes some 10 years ago, but only for a short period as I was a student & couldn't afford smoking both cigarettes and pipes! More recently, I have pulled out and dusted off the pipes I have retained and have purchased some Peterson My Mixture 965, which I have placed in a new and quite beautiful tobacco jar I purchased off Ebay. I am actually yet to light up as I am laying the groundwork first for my new foray into the glorious world of pipe smoking. I will attach an image or two to give you an idea of my current setup. I look forward to meeting and learning from the more experienced members!

Attachments

• tempImageNdrIkr.png
    tempImageNdrIkr.png
    1 MB · Views: 15

Makembake

Might Stick Around
Oct 24, 2022
Australia
Wow! Thanks to everyone for such a warm welcome! I'm very glad to make your acquaintances and look forward to delving into the Forums here on PipesMagazine and seeing you all there. Great to see some other Aussies already here. I have to mention, as I'm sure others from my neck of the woods already have, our unbelievably prohibitive prices for pipe tobacco. My latest 50 gram tin of Peterson's MyMixture 965 cost me AUS$130!!! I kid you not! For all its natural beauty and its wonderful, diverse peoples, Australia is nothing short of a Nanny State where the government interferes interminably. Its dictates on pipe tobacco via outrageously enormous taxes means that we truly treasure every tin that we can afford to own. But, look, that's quite enough moaning. The only thing that really matters is that I love the pipe-smoking history and culture and am delighted to be a part of it. See you all in the forums.

Reactions: Buffalo and chopper

Dyakoff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 16, 2022
Ukraine
our unbelievably prohibitive prices for pipe tobacco.
can you grow your own tobacco in Australia?

In Ukraine our tobacco prices have soared 40 times in the past 8 years so a lot of people started growing (and selling) their own tobacco which in my opinion usually tastes like a lower end captain black but is in fact 10 times cheaper