PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

logandow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2011
Oregon
found this just a few minutes ago and thought someone here would be interested in it

http://www.eacarey.com/pipeholster.html
Edit: Moved string to Pipe Accessories, and tweaked the Title to be more representative of topic. L

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Pipe holsters have been around for a very long time.

There are two problem with them:

1) it's difficult to put a calabash into one.

2) if it's not worn in the correct place on your belt you will break your pipe when you sit down.

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
They can be handy, but as Lawrence said, they do have their problems too. I knit a couple of them for myself using some scrap yarn. Here's one of them:
holster2.jpg

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Do they make one that goes on a brassiere?
Why in heaven's name would they make it out of vinyl, I'm so damn sick of everything being made in vinyl thee days, it's crap - like fingernails on a chalkboard, it sets me off!

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
A kydex one wouldn't be too hard to fabricate. Make it a full case for the particular pipe and then there would be less chance of breakage.

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
I tell you what Pipetrucker, there's a huge market out there for "pipe socks", can get them for love nor money. I've even tried searching in the mobile phone section for phone socks but don't think they'd work, and they're just far too Chinese looking.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Maybe if it was a shoulder holster? Like the ones for guns. Although that might get you in trouble. :lol:

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Thats a nice one, but one must make sure if using it after a smoke that you run a pipecleaner through it. Wouldn't want any pipejuice down the leg, lol. I have one that I got years ago that encloses the pipe, kind of like a gun holster but very thin. I dont know if anyone makes them anymore though.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I own and recommend Smokin' Holsters holsters. Hand Made in the USA by a guy who supports our hobby.

I understand he will be in Vegas next weekend so be sure you check out his table. 8O
Smokin%27%20Holsters-logo.gif

http://www.smokinholsters.com/

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Personally I always thought the pipe holster was a solution in need of a problem. I mean, I've smoked a pipe half my life and never have I needed to holster a single pipe; that's what pockets, socks, cases and bags are for.
Speaking of bags, Neil at Smokin' Holsters also makes the finest hand-made pipe bags available. Pricey? Sure, but everything is hand cut and stitched with the finest materials available. Definitely worth checking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.