60 Fresh Peterson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Don’t really need much help Identifying the pipe, it’s pretty straightforward. It’s a a Genod. But it was made to commemorate an event of some sort, I’m hoping someone might be able to tell me what was.

It’s stamped:

CFPQ
1982-1992

My guess is

Chickens For Performance Quality
IMG_9974.jpegIMG_9973.jpegIMG_9972.jpegIMG_9971.jpeg

bayareabriar

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2019
I think this one was a guy from Canada (Montreal). A lot of his pipes were personalized. Some were from pipe smoker of the year or of the sort. The dating format was a little different than this one though.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
I wonder if it commemorates the Coupe de France Paris Qualifie 1982:

I think you may be right. It appears that the 1992 Coupe De France was never actually completed due to the Stade Armand-Cesari Disaster that killed 18 people.

The 1991–92 Coupe de France final was not awarded due to the death of 18 people when a temporary stand collapsed during the semi-final game between SC Bastia and Olympique de Marseille. This was the first time since the competition's creation that the final was not played. The disaster was known as the Stade Armand-Cesari disaster, and the investigation concluded that there were violations of rules concerning the construction of the terrace and ticketing management. The report also concluded that the attitude of sporting and municipal executives was problematic.