PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Manawydan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2024
I've smoked blends from Nightcap and Northwoods to Blood Red Moon and Eileen's Dream in the same pipe, and have not detected any noticeable ghosting. Could be that I am not yet experienced enough to catch whatever subtlety may be happening, but I am not going to worry about it. As is oft-repeated, pipe smoking should ideally be stress-free, contemplative, relaxing, and enjoyable. If I ever do experience an issue with ghosting I will take that as a sign from the Universe to purchase more pipes.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
But that stuff that has a floral notes ruins my pipes - Full Virginia Flake by Samuel Gawith has made two of my pipes useless for anything but Full Virginia Flake even after sitting the pipes for a year I can still taste the floral notes when smoking a different tobacco in them So be careful with that.
I actually love how a bowl of FVF makes the next bowl of Virginia taste FVF-like, it's like I'm getting a little more for free. puffy

Reactions: Carol

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
Yep...I just keep the lakelands out...that isnt hard since I dont care for them. I have a couple of pipes I intentionally keep lat away from but I really dont think I can taste lat in my other pipes when I smoke a vaper. I have a feeling that another thing that ghosts estate pipes is keeping it full of spent tobacco and heavy cake for years on end. Of course, as said...lots of the same tobacco for years. Occasionally I smoke HU Moroccan Bazaar. I limit that to one pipe. It smells like a spiece rack and Im pretty confident it will quickly ghost a pipe since I can smell it in the pipe for days after one smoke.
That Moroccan Bazaar sounds great. Wish we could get some here. I love the smell of spice and herb shops. Bet I'd like that stuff. Maybe someday.

• Love
Reactions: Sigmund and kcghost

elvishrunes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2017
I Am anti-ghosting paranoia. Paper towel bowl wipe and pipe cleaner, and smoking all different tobacco’s in each pipe keeps it fine, including aros, lakelands, and strong Englishes, I could not care less. Maybe smoking one strong tobacco every day for years might create an unpleasant ghost.