PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
I hope some of you are going to enjoy the game today. My son is an Old Grad from West Point (2021) so we have to root for ARMY! He’s now a 1st Lt in the 11th Airborne. It’s a great tradition and lots of fun to attend and be a part of. Thank you to all who serve and have served!

dcrguns

Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Another great hard fought game. Congratulations to Army for the win and taking back the Commander and Chiefs trophy. Beat Navy!

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
My brother-in-law was an Army footballer back in the 90's. I clearly remember absolutely freezing my ass off in steady 40-degree rain at an Army-Navy game at Giants Stadium one of those years.

I will never understand the True Fan mindset. There were tailgate parties in the parking lot after the game... in 40-degree rain.

Ronnie shore was good, though. :)

Screen Shot 2023-12-09 at 9.12.05 PM.png

Reactions: dcrguns

dcrguns

Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
That’s exactly the same kind of weather we had in Philly the year I went (2020) and the wind was blowing 20 mph n the stands. 🥶 My son was a plebe the year of the Snow Bowl (2017-2018) and absolutely loved it.

My brother-in-law was an Army footballer back in the 90's. I clearly remember absolutely freezing my ass off in steady 40-degree rain at an Army-Navy game at Giants Stadium one of those years.

I will never understand the True Fan mindset. There were tailgate parties in the parking lot after the game... in 40-degree rain.

Ronnie shore was good, though. :)

View attachment 268690

Reactions: kcghost

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
The Army vs Navy game is truly one of the great rivalry games. I served in the U.S. Army, but my dad was a career Navy man, and I grew rooting for Navy and have continued to this day some 65+ years later. Win or lose the two teams have always brought out the best in each other.