PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
Another thing you might consider, I wore nothing but boots for years myself, finally started wearing a pair of new balance running shoes in the truck. It makes a lot of difference at the end of the day.

Now I only wear boots when the weather is going to be nasty.
Honestly, I have never been one for athletic shoes as casual footwear. I wear Red Wing work boots on the job because they are tough as well as comfortable. Doing flatbed type hauling, work boots are a necessity.
In my off hours I often wear leather loafers or leather casual shoes.

maduroman

May 15, 2010
here is another ex-gear jammer that sings the praise of new balance shoes. after years n years of wearing boots it is about the only shoe i can wear any more. i would sugest you switch outa your boots after you load and back into your boots when you unload.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I used to go barefoot all the time as a youth, and have the scars to prove it. To this day, part of stepping through the front door is taking the shoes off. Hope your toe gets better soon.
Winton

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
I am also an enjoyer of the Barefoot Posse. I coach a 5th and 6th grade Soccer team and they laugh when I get playing against them. I always play against them barefoot, kinda gives them a chance to get back at me for laps. One day I might have to slow down with all that, but not yet! So far none have the parents have made a stink over my pipe smoking during practice, but they enjoy me as a coach and don't want to rock the boat.

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
here is another ex-gear jammer that sings the praise of new balance shoes. after years n years of wearing boots it is about the only shoe i can wear any more. i would sugest you switch outa your boots after you load and back into your boots when you unload.
Thanks, but I prefer the support of the boots when driving. That steel shank saves my arch when operating the clutch in heavy traffic. I guess I am just not much of a tennis shoe person; never have been.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
When I am doing any kind of work that may damage my ragged old feet I wear my HD Georgia boots. Nice strong lace up work shoes. Otherwise it's clogs.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
PT, I only know you from the one picture on your avatar, but judging from this alone, I don't see you as a tennis shoe kind of a guy.

Leather loafers, yes.

Reeboks, no.

:)

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
PT, I only know you from the one picture on your avatar, but judging from this alone, I don't see you as a tennis shoe kind of a guy.

Leather loafers, yes.

Reeboks, no.
Pretty much true, although I do wear western boots at times too.
I really should change my avatar pic because I shaved off the beard a couple of weeks ago.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Hard to go wrong with Redwings but Danner makes a better boot . And Iam with you on the sneakers not my style either . I enjoy Born shoes as they are comfy on my days off . My daily work shoes are Havanna Joes I have several pair and they hold up well in the industrial environments that my job takes me too . I sell parts for class 8 trucks and oil feild equipment and good work shoes are a must .Hope your toes heals up soon .

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
Hard to go wrong with Redwings but Danner makes a better boot . And Iam with you on the sneakers not my style either . I enjoy Born shoes as they are comfy on my days off . My daily work shoes are Havanna Joes I have several pair and they hold up well in the industrial environments that my job takes me too . I sell parts for class 8 trucks and oil feild equipment and good work shoes are a must .Hope your toes heals up soon .
Thanks. I have never worn Danner work boots. Are they as comfortable as Red Wing? That would be something as I have never tried any work boot that can match Red Wing for long term comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.