PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Medy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2024
Chambersburg PA
Hello all, I’m planning on going to Boswell’s this weekend and getting some samples of Northwoods and Mild English blends as some people here have suggested. I was Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a commercial brand and blend to try out as a newbie and my first tin?

Reactions: BPatrick

dottlejockey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Personally, I've recently fell in love with Boswell's Premium Burley. In 20 years of pipe smoking it's the first blend I've found that could actually become a daily smoker. Multiple bowls a day and I don't get bored with it. Always so many open blends on hand and I keep coming back to this one. So that'd be my first suggestion and a good place to start.

Maybe grab a VA or VAper and a latakia (english or balkan) blend, too, just to get your feelers out there. I'd just start with an ounce of a each, go try them and gain a sense of direction from there. Once you start honing in on the styles that seem the most fitting to your tastes, you can start extending your exploration from there.

Lots of interesting experiences await. Enjoy!

Reactions: Medy and Kobold

Medy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2024
Chambersburg PA
Did the new pipe arrive and did you open the tin?
Yes it did and yes I did..lol
The pipe is awesome! I really like the way it feels in the hand. The tin of From Beyond is awesome too. Going to do a review of it on the forum when I get something to compare it with as this is my first commercial tin.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 10

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Yes it did and yes I did..lol
The pipe is awesome! I really like the way it feels in the hand. The tin of From Beyond is awesome too. Going to do a review of it on the forum when I get something to compare it with as this is my first commercial tin.
That texture looks like it would be a really nice, tactile experience in the hand. Looking forward to the review!

• Love
Reactions: Medy

Medy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2024
Chambersburg PA
I’m really enjoying their Piper’s Pleasure. It’s a Boswell blend. Talk to whomever is working that day they will be happy to guide you to something that may suit your tastes. Def pop into their smokers lounge very friendly crowd in my experience.
Been there like 8 times now and never been in the lounge!!…lol

Reactions: Lucro