PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Hobbs

Lurker
Jan 12, 2022
Central New York State
I recently moved to New York State about 15 miles above Binghamton NY and asked this question about two years ago… there doesn’t seem to be any good pipe stores in my vicinity and people mentioned stores in Clifton Park and Albany both of which are over 2 hours away.

I am seriously in the market for purchasing a really good pipe so would like to see it in person. But if that isn’t possible, how do you purchase one on-line without being able to touch and feel? Seems pretty risky.

I’ve pretty much decided that I prefer the bent style but not sure I want to take a chance on a Savanelli or similar quality brans without seeing it.
Any suggestions?

Reactions: kcghost

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Buying on-line is no problem if you buy from one of the established merchants. These guys want you back as a customer. There are numerous places that deal in on-line pipe sales that will let you order a pipe and return it (unsmoked) if you don't like it. Most pipes and tobacco are on-line sales, so you need to get over your fears. A number of sites are sponsors of this website.
As to your fears get over them. You will find a far greater selection at an on-line retailer than from a local B&M. And they even have estate (used) pipes. Take a look after you carefully define you desires in a pipe. Size and shape are very important in pipes. If you don't want to spend $200 right off the bat order a $50 pipe.

Reactions: Hobbs