PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Many of you have read and responded to DublinPiper90's post about his Great Grandfathers Peterson Sport, shown here:

I'm still off work (till next week!) for recovery on my hip replacement. I had some time on my hands and volunteered to do the restoration. We agreed not to go too far, and retain the slings and arrows of life it has endured.

I finished the pipe today and detailed the work and photos on the Reborn Pipes blog:

That viscous cake did protect the briar, and it's good for another lifetime or two of use.

Peterson_Sport_BEF (1).jpgPeterson_Sport_BEF (2).jpgPeterson_Sport_BEF (3).jpgPeterson_Sport_BEF (5).jpg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA

dublinpiper90

Can't Leave
Jul 31, 2023
North Carolina
Al, thanks again for bringing my great grandfathers pipes back, I’m definitely ready to pack a bowl and fire it up. If I could only speak to this pipe and it tell me it’s life, thanks to you it can live another milestone through my family with myself and one day my son. Any thoughts from y’all on what I should be the 1st smoke, I have been giving it some hard thought of something original like he probably smoked like half and half, Prince Albert???? Suggestions? Or thoughts Thanks

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Al, thanks again for bringing my great grandfathers pipes back, I’m definitely ready to pack a bowl and fire it up. If I could only speak to this pipe and it tell me it’s life, thanks to you it can live another milestone through my family with myself and one day my son. Any thoughts from y’all on what I should be the 1st smoke, I have been giving it some hard thought of something original like he probably smoked like half and half, Prince Albert???? Suggestions? Or thoughts Thanks
I say either what he smoked if possible or any ole favorite. If me I'd smoke what I always smoke.

Reactions: dublinpiper90

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Man, again I'll say What an awesome pipe!
And @ssjones I was worried to see the cleanup you did on it, as my favorite pipes to look at are the beaten and caked up ones. But the way you restored that pipe was amazing! Still has the character, and stories to tell! Nice work!

Reactions: dublinpiper90

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Outstanding. I like that it wasn’t topped and refinished, still has a story to tell.
As a complete newb, I didn’t connect you here with rebornpipes. Thank you so much for all the restoration documentation, it has been invaluable, first in restoring my dad’s pipes, and now in my newfound love for prewar/war era American estates.
Good luck with the hip, and good on you for bringing this great pipe up to speed for the owner!