PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I am a relatively new pipe guy (migrating from the cigar world). I’ve tumbled down the rabbit hole and now I love my rapidly expanding pipe collection, discovering new tobaccos, and meeting new, interesting people in the piping community.
Welcome to the forum!

There is a steep learning curve when it comes to pipes. Don't be afraid to ask any questions.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. My older sister lived in Lexington after she was married in the 1960's, and a college buddy and longtime friend was a newspaper copyeditor in Lexi for a career of decades. I have always enjoyed the Mammoth Cave and have done four or five tours there over the years including the underground river. It's pretty country. Near Lexi, I've visited the Cassius Clay house, not the boxer but Abraham Lincoln's ambassador to Russia, a firebrand abolitionist newspaper editor. He lived into his nineties still dating a girl in her teens! He finally conceded her to a fellow her own age. Clay was the survivor of many duels, and was shot by an adversary when Clay was at the podium speaking, and after being shot, got down from the platform and dispatched the would-be assassin with the bowie knife he always kept strapped to his person. His life story sounds made-up, but it's well documented.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Happy smokes from Northern Germany and welcome to this fine forum. puffy
This world of pipe smoking is a deep rabbit hole that you won't be able to crawl out of so quickly.