PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Uguccione

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2024
Italy
Welcome from Carmel, CA

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.
Done, thanks 👍

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
You can smoke much better (Ambasciator Italico, Mastro Tornabuoni...), but I don't know if these companies export abroad 🤷‍♂️
Speaking of Italian domestic Pipe tobaccos, to my knowledge aside from Comune Morbido & Forte Pieno there shall be two other brands in addition, Namely Italia Classico and Golf Armonia , have You come across those?And if mind You telling us how much they are in euros?Thank You for Your advice and be welcome, Paul

Uguccione

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2024
Italy
@PaulTheScandinavian The pipe tobaccos you mentioned are very mediocre and cheap tobaccos, but I don't know how much they cost, certainly not much. I think Golf is a flavored one. In Italian forums I hear very bad things about all four (lol). I only bought Forte once: it was good for the first 10/15 puff, then it collapsed under the weight of the nicotine and became (for me) unsmokable.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
@PaulTheScandinavian The pipe tobaccos you mentioned are very mediocre and cheap tobaccos, but I don't know how much they cost, certainly not much. I think Golf is a flavored one. In Italian forums I hear very bad things about all four (lol). I only bought Forte once: it was good for the first 10/15 puff, then it collapsed under the weight of the nicotine and became (for me) unsmokable.
Thanks for the info,On the other hand, French pipe web site PipeGazette.fr have rated those quite highly and says these Toscanians are very much like their own domestic dark leaf pipe tobacco blends, Caporal , Scaferlati, Saint Claude etcetera.

Uguccione

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2024
Italy
It's a different matter for cigars, especially handmade ones. However, today there are companies that produce Italian cigars ("Sigaro Toscano" is a registered MST trademark, the others cannot be called that, so we speak of "Italian cigar", but they are actually the same type of cigar, i.e. 100% Kentucky tobacco fermented) with a quality often superior to MST. I no longer buy "Toscano MST" because their quality is too swinging.