PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Welcome from Brazil / Fáilte ón mBrasaíl / Bem-vindo do Brasil / ブラジルからようこそ

I hope that last one is right! I used Google Translate; despite living in São Paulo right next to the neighbourhood of Liberdade (home to São Paulo's sizeable Japanese population) my Japanese is non-existent.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
いらっしゃいませ
Irasshaimase :)

That introduction in English looked just fine! ;)

What part of Japan are you from? I lived in Japan for a year in Atami. I worked in Karaoke bar there. LOL 😆

I’ve seen quite a lot of Japan when I was there!

Natto Rules! LOL 😆

Tanoshinde!

FoggyMorning

Can't Leave
Jul 15, 2023
Kanagawa, Japan
Welcome from Missouri USA. Do you happen to enjoy Bonsai as well?
I enjoy viewing Bonsai, yet I have never tried growing one myself. Instead of smoking beside a small pot, I find the idea of relaxing under a full-size tree much more appealing to me.

Welcome from Brazil / Fáilte ón mBrasaíl / Bem-vindo do Brasil / ブラジルからようこそ

I hope that last one is right! I used Google Translate; despite living in São Paulo right next to the neighbourhood of Liberdade (home to São Paulo's sizeable Japanese population) my Japanese is non-existent.
Obrigado, meu companheiro! Your Japanese is just great.

いらっしゃいませ
Irasshaimase :)

That introduction in English looked just fine! ;)

What part of Japan are you from? I lived in Japan for a year in Atami. I worked in Karaoke bar there. LOL 😆

I’ve seen quite a lot of Japan when I was there!

Natto Rules! LOL 😆

Tanoshinde!
Natto can be my all-day food:LOL:
I currently live in Yokohama, which is actually not far from Atami! Since you mentioned that you lived in Shizuoka prefecture, have you ever climbed Mt. Fuji?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey from central North Carolina, U.S. You gave me a start with your Forums name. One of our late great Forums elders on here went by foggymountain, and it took me a few seconds to acclimate. Welcome aboard.

Your English is excellent. Having struggled with French for literally years and never gotten beyond reading novels and newspapers, with no speaking or writing aptitude, I do admire foreign language skills. You are doing great.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I enjoy viewing Bonsai, yet I have never tried growing one myself. Instead of smoking beside a small pot, I find the idea of relaxing under a full-size tree much more appealing to me.

Obrigado, meu companheiro! Your Japanese is just great.

Natto can be my all-day food:LOL:
I currently live in Yokohama, which is actually not far from Atami! Since you mentioned that you lived in Shizuoka prefecture, have you ever climbed Mt. Fuji?

I also lived in Yokohama, never been to Mt. Fuji. I have a Japanese drivers license, and towards the latter half of my stay I had a car I drove around.

My friends were extremely jealous and pissed off at the same time, because all I did was take a small written test, and eye test, and asked a few questions and I got my license. LOL 😆

When I lived in Atami, we had grass mat floors, I think it was Roku or Hachi Jo sized 6-8, and I slept on a futon.

To this day, over 30 years, I still sleep on the floor on a futon. LOL 😆