PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Haha, yes! Love the seafood up here, including the clear chowder. I still like white but clear is nice if you're wanting something lighter. And the first time I had a clam cake I swore I'd never leave RI!

I have of course had NY System, although never while drunk, lol.
Obviously you have never seen the box the wieners come in. It clearly states that these dogs are grade D but edible. I always ate them drunk after reading that box.

OldManFrog

Lurker
Aug 2, 2022
The Woodlands
If you are into seafood, there is some of the best in the world. Also you need to try a bowl of R.I clear chowder. It is not like the thick creamy stuff people think clams chowder is. Some of the best is in Newport.

Also the first time you get real drunk you need to eat Ny System Hot Weiners. It is a right of passage.
Man I miss those dogs…

mav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 14, 2021
Chicago
Welcome from Chicago! I have lots of family in Southern Mass., it's a really nice area.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central N.C. Lots of good info and conversation here on Forums. I'm said to be a sixth generation ancestor of Roger Williams, the founder of Rhode Island and ardent religious free-thinker who was thrown out of Massachusetts. My family moved from Massachusetts to the wilds of Illinois, and then I came to school in N.C. and married down here.

Valaam

Lurker
Aug 3, 2022
Hey everyone,

I find myself coming to these forums more and more often lately so I figured I should actually register an account and introduce myself.

My pipe smoking hobby started about ten years ago when my friend got me a pipe for my birthday. I went out and bought a 2 oz pouch of Captain Black Original and that lasted me for about nine years, smoking once every year or two. This past Christmas I mentioned to my wife that I'd like to get more into it and she bought me some pipe stuff and since then I've been all in. I've bought about 20 pipes and around 30 blends but I feel like I'm finally, thankfully, getting an idea of the kinds of pipes and blends I enjoy smoking. At this point my favorites are King's Stride, War Horse Bar, and Sherlock Holmes. My favorite pipe is a Peterson 317 spigot, also a gift from my wife. [=

Other than pipe smoking I enjoy exploring New England (we moved from the south up to Rhode Island about three years ago) and tea - specifically puer - more specifically ripe puer - 2008 Mengku Wild Arbor King to be annoyingly specific.

Reactions: kcghost