PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack Miller

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
Greetings. Signing in from Weatherford, Texas thirty miles west of Ft. Worth where we are fortunate enough to have an excellent tobacconist in this small town. I smoked a pipe when I started college until the mid seventies. Started again in 1990, but stopped four years later. Began again about four years ago. I am in the process of having some old pipes restored. I just had an old Peterson repaired and am amazed by how well it smokes. It inspired me to seek out more information on pipes and tobacco, as a consequence I found this site.

Prunetucky84

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 17, 2020
Clovis, CA
Greetings. Signing in from Weatherford, Texas thirty miles west of Ft. Worth where we are fortunate enough to have an excellent tobacconist in this small town. I smoked a pipe when I started college until the mid seventies. Started again in 1990, but stopped four years later. Began again about four years ago. I am in the process of having some old pipes restored. I just had an old Peterson repaired and am amazed by how well it smokes. It inspired me to seek out more information on pipes and tobacco, as a consequence I found this site.
Welcome Zack, from Fresno, California! Peterson’s are great workhorse pipes. They are made to be used and abused and stand up to it pretty damn good as well. What kind of tobaccos are you liking?

Zack Miller

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
Back in the dark ages, I used to buy standard packaged tobacco available in drug stores or supermarkets (those days are long gone), such as Borkum Riff, Balkan Sobranie, or Amphora.

But when I resumed smoking four years ago, I visited the tobacconist in Weatherford. He carries about 40 custom blends and fixed me up with one called Weatherford’s finest which has been my primary go to. However, since the Peterson was repaired, and I am getting more interested in the pipe world, he suggested Nutty Irishman by Cornell & Diehl.

Ironically, just yesterday I asked him what was in the blend I have been buying and he informed me it is a Cavendish with a bit of chocolate. He also informed me that he doesn’t make the blends, but that they are shipped in from the Carolinas. They have a decent selection of Peterson tobacco, Cornell & Diehl, and a few others.

The place is called Tobacco Lane on The Square. There were two stores, both on Squares. The one in Weatherford is on the town square. They had one in Sundance Square in Ft. Worth until two years ago when the lease expired and the landlord wouldn’t renew as they were going to put in a high end restaurant. So ironically, the small town is the one with the remaining location.

There is also a smoking lounge upstairs which is great when it is too hot or too cold along with a resident Maine Coon cat.

What I have learned is that I am extremely lucky to have a decent tobacco store in town especially one this size. Two years ago I had to spend a good deal of time in Long Beach, California and discovered there was no place in the entire city of almost half a million people where one could buy tobacco. There were some convenience stores that sold those giant bags of floor sweepings. I found one cigar lounge, but the owner literally only had two small tins of tobacco in the entire store.

852CC9A0-DDF6-45CC-B45A-4BFD84892B16.jpeg3831E4BB-A452-4E40-A95F-AA3639D96238.jpeg
8550E933-E6EF-4E11-808C-9DD59DCFFEBB.jpeg02D91D2A-007A-42DA-ABA9-143A7491DB74.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.