Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

reloader

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Southern, NM
My name is Pat and I live in a small town in southern New Mexico. I just recently began my serious foray into pipe smoking. I had dabbled with pipe as a young lad before joining the Navy. That was when a youngster could walk into a store and purchase tobacco without a second glance. In the past month or so I've acquired, to my wife's chagrin, a decent rotation of pipes to feed what may now be considered an obsession. I'm looking forward to obtaining the insights and wisdom from everyone here that has been enjoying this hobby far longer than I.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Greetings! You'll have no problem drying your tobacco. Is there still a shop in Santa Fe?

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts. It cuts down on posts or PMs asking where you are.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Welcome Pat... I currently live in Wisconsin, however my parents retired over 18 years ago and moved from Phoenix, AZ to just outside of Silver City, NM.

reloader

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Southern, NM
Greetings! You'll have no problem drying your tobacco. Is there still a shop in Santa Fe?

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts. It cuts down on posts or PMs asking where you are.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.
Last time I checked there was still a shop in Santa Fe, I'm over 200 miles from there so have not been in years.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

reloader

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Southern, NM
There's a Stag Tobacconist and Monte in Albuquerque. Both have a decent selection of pipe tobacco. Stag does have the bigger selection.
Next time I'm in Albuquerque I'll stop by and get some blends from them. I've been ordering online, but really need to stop in to a B&M and make sure they stay in business.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ah, Georgia O'Keefe country. Welcome aboard from central North Carolina which is mostly intensely green.

Reactions: reloader
Status
Not open for further replies.