PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Afternoon chaps,

Newbie pipe smoker from God's own county...beautiful Yorkshire. Bit of a latecomer to pipes, being now in my 50's, but I'm loving it (not the tongue bite though ;)). Being puffing away for just over 7 weeks now.

My dad was a pipe smoker, which vividly sticks with me...so I'm hoping to now continue the tradition & perhaps pass it onto my sons.

Thanks for reading folks; with my best regards from England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Craig
Welcome to the Forum from deep in the heart of Texas. You will find this site to be very informative and a bit entertaining. Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: Tyke Piper

Tyke Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2023
The Shire of York, England
A big welcome from California!

I can relate quite easily. My lab, Hector, is with me watching the fabulous Hotspurs, and SF 49ers; missing putts all over the golf course; and road trips to Lake Tahoe, while of course holding down the home front.

Are you a footie fan?
Thanks JPM,

Dogs - definitely man's best friend😊

As for footie, TBH I was a pretty avid fan many moons ago...season ticket holder with a few local clubs. But I grew very jaded of the business side dominating 'big league' football so turned my back on it.

My family club (Bradford FC - possibly better know as Bradford Park Avenue) went bust when I was 3, so no chance of me being raised to support 'em 👎

About 7-8 years ago, after a bit of ground hopping I gave my lads the choice of who to watch...they opted for FC Halifax Town, so we go watch Town on their Saturday home games; just been there this Saturday gone in fact. Not one for watching games on the TV, far superior being there!

DeerparkDays

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2022
Dannevirke, New Zealand
Welcome Craig.
I spent a year in Leeds and I loved it. Best sunsets I have ever seen, we used to sit outside and have snap and watch them.

The Yorkshire people are a special breed too, very nice hardy people.

Enjoy the ride,
Adam.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Welcome from the Pacific NW. I visited York years ago with the Cathedral and medieval city walls, we don't have anything anywhere near that old over here. I also learned all about Yorkshire watching 'Last of the Summer Wine'...

Tyke Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2023
Welcome Craig.
I spent a year in Leeds and I loved it. Best sunsets I have ever seen, we used to sit outside and have snap and watch them.

The Yorkshire people are a special breed too, very nice hardy people.

Enjoy the ride,
Adam.
Cheers Adam,

Leeds, we're not too far from there (in Bradford). And yes, in the rural areas the sunset can be awe inspiring.

Yep, we're a special breed...well, the wife says so...and she's from Lancashire :eek:

Tyke Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2023
Welcome from the Pacific NW. I visited York years ago with the Cathedral and medieval city walls, we don't have anything anywhere near that old over here. I also learned all about Yorkshire watching 'Last of the Summer Wine'...
LOL, 'Last of the Summer Wine' was filmed about 20mins away from us...and it was, dare I say it, quite a good portrayal 🤫

• Haha
Reactions: romaso