PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ParkitoATL

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2023
Atlanta, GA
As far as my own blends are concerned, i am experimenting a lot with Turkish tobaccos and Orientals, I am finding these to have their own unique flavor. I am staying away from the so-called Cypriot Latakia. This does not equal the impact of the Syrian Latakia.
Where you at, Tony? I live over in Decatur, not far from Puff n' Stuff, the most bitching tobacco shop in Atlanta.

Must be something in the Atlanta air, I just today ordered 3/4 pound of various Oriental leaf from LeafOnly!

Tony1958

Lurker
May 11, 2024
Georgia
Where you at, Tony? I live over in Decatur, not far from Puff n' Stuff, the most bitching tobacco shop in Atlanta.

Must be something in the Atlanta air, I just today ordered 3/4 pound of various Oriental leaf from LeafOnly!
I live in Stone Mountain. Been there since 1980. I used to hang out a lot at royal cigar before they closed.
I am certainly intrigued by this leaf blending. Does it need any equipment?

ParkitoATL

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2023
Atlanta, GA
I live in Stone Mountain. Been there since 1980. I used to hang out a lot at royal cigar before they closed.
I am certainly intrigued by this leaf blending. Does it need any equipment?
My understanding is that Oriental leaf does not need casing or any special treatment. I am planning on shredding it with my weed grinder, the same one I use for all my flake. If that doesn't work I will likely just roll leaves into a loose cigar shape and slice with a knife. The plan is to blend these with Gawith VAs, mostly FVF, to see how they taste. I've ordered the Samsun, Basma, and Krumvograd to add to my jar of Izmir. Happy to share some for experimentation when they arrive.

ParkitoATL

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2023
Atlanta, GA
I've been smoking straight C&D Izmir lately and it's really a lovely tobacco. Also mixed 50/50 with FVF which is very tasty. I'd much rather smoke an VA-OR than a VA-PER.

Tony1958

Lurker
May 11, 2024
Georgia
My understanding is that Oriental leaf does not need casing or any special treatment. I am planning on shredding it with my weed grinder, the same one I use for all my flake. If that doesn't work I will likely just roll leaves into a loose cigar shape and slice with a knife. The plan is to blend these with Gawith VAs, mostly FVF, to see how they taste. I've ordered the Samsun, Basma, and Krumvograd to add to my jar of Izmir. Happy to share some for experimentation when they arrive.
That sounds great

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
Welcome Tony!

Damn, got beat by Florida, Green Bay, and even the south shore of Lake Superior. At least I can contribute a good photo for Tony to see our great state.

Canoe Pipe.jpg