Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
We’ve started our family Xmas movie blast where we watch some great classics, some newer favorites, & some really awful flicks the kids pick over the next 45 days or so.

We watched Gremlins a couple nights ago. I had forgotten what a fine piece of American cinema that film is. Hadn’t seen it in 30 years. Still thoroughly enjoyed it.

I was pleased to see how prominently the Halfling’s leaf appeared in the movie. There were two to three pipe smokers, & the little monsters themselves had an affinity for lung dart & stogies. Good stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_1024.jpeg
    IMG_1024.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1026.jpeg
    IMG_1026.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 8

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
A little early for me to start watching Xmas movies. We have to get through Thanksgiving first.
I’m a little nuts. I like the tree to go up Oct. 1, and stay up til Feb. 1. Xmas music starts Sept. 1. Movies start whoever my wife says they do. She’s more the TV watcher than I am. But she hates putting the tree up so early bc it messes with her decorations for the fall season or something. So the only thing she’ll allow early is the tree. Other than that, it’s all earth tones & pumpkins & stuff.

And she tells me every couple days how “My house feels confused with this mixing of the holiday decor.”

Then I say, “You mean our house?”

Then she just looks at me like she’s trying to figure out what’s taking the hitman she hired so long to finish the job.

But she’s an incredibly attractive woman, so I just shut up.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
We’ve started our family Xmas movie blast where we watch some great classics, some newer favorites, & some really awful flicks the kids pick over the next 45 days or so.

We watched Gremlins a couple nights ago. I had forgotten what a fine piece of American cinema that film is. Hadn’t seen it in 30 years. Still thoroughly enjoyed it.

I was pleased to see how prominently the Halfling’s leaf appeared in the movie. There were two to three pipe smokers, & the little monsters themselves had an affinity for lung dart & stogies. Good stuff.
Never even thought about this too much. But if you see the context the pipe in that movie represents authority and wisdom the cigs and cigars represent rebellion and chaos.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I’m a little nuts. I like the tree to go up Oct. 1, and stay up til Feb. 1. Xmas music starts Sept. 1. Movies start whoever my wife says they do. She’s more the TV watcher than I am. But she hates putting the tree up so early bc it messes with her decorations for the fall season or something. So the only thing she’ll allow early is the tree. Other than that, it’s all earth tones & pumpkins & stuff.

And she tells me every couple days how “My house feels confused with this mixing of the holiday decor.”

Then I say, “You mean our house?”

Then she just looks at me like she’s trying to figure out what’s taking the hitman she hired so long to finish the job.

But she’s an incredibly attractive woman, so I just shut up.
File under things I wish I would have written down. I once came up with the forever decoration. One to cover all holidays. The only bits I remember is zombie Santa Claus for Halloween and Christmas, But I some how squezed in all the other popular holidays I could think of.

Reactions: dctune