PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Dudditz

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 3, 2021
New Jersey
The other day I had two drying plates with some excess tobacco sitting in them. Father Dempsey and Sir Walter Raleigh. Being too lazy to recover either jar and put the remnants back, I mixed them both together 1:1 ratio and threw it in a cob.

Expecting nothing more than my nicotine fix when I lit the bowl, I was more than pleasantly surprised on how well (to me at least) these two brands mixed together tasted. I was actually making dopey yummy sounds when my wife asked me if I was feeling ok...

I explained my excitement and she was appropriately distracted by something much more important and left me to sit and ponder my discovery... (i.e. Happy Accident) I then mixed up a small jar of Sir Walter Dempsey/ Father Raleigh and put it aside for future enjoyment.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has stumbled across something like this in your experiences and what was it?

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Two parts Kellys Coin to one part C&D Granulated Perique (not an accidental discovery,
just wanted to make it bur/per once in a while).

Also, I frequently mix Five Brothers and D&R Two Timer 50/50, resulting in a blend I like
more than either on their own. This was not my idea, another forum member posted
this on 'What Are You Smoking Today' thread ( @Paul lec )

StringBEan

Might Stick Around
Jul 27, 2022
Alabama
I like to mix a little autumn evening in with my remaining non-aromatics when the drying plate has a bit extra. Squadron Leader worked great at a 2:1 ratio, and a 1:1 with Scottish mixture from my local B&M was a daily smoke for a while there. When I want a super strong room note, I’ll even mix 1:1 autumn evening with vanilla custard. Even non-smokers love that smell.

Reactions: Dudditz and dcon