PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
I have a new job that has taken me away from my family since May first, the longest I've been away since this all began.
My daughter turns 4 on the 4th of July and I miss her terribly as I'm missing her grow up right now.

To all you Fathers out there enjoy some time with your kids today for me.

Happy Puffing

Vos

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Remembering my Dad today, Pappy as I came to call him as time went on. Also, remembering my grandpas and uncles, the many male teachers, male mentors, and shipmates a little older than myself who kept the ship and me on an even keel. I had various bosses over the years, women and men, but especially two male bosses who were friends as well as colleagues.

One of my uncles, my dad's brother who was six years older than he was, was at the landing at Tarawa, the first U.S. amphibious landing in the Pacific. We were never particularly close, but he was always a family hero. He loved hot cars, and owned one of the first Corvettes, a couple Triumph roadsters over time, and worked for a while as skipper of a river live-aboard tourist boat on a river in Florida. When I heard he had died, well into his nineties, I left my office and went and sat on a bench sheltered by bushes. I am not a crier, even when I should be, but I wept.

Reactions: vosBghos and BCF

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Both boys are out of the state. But call/text was completed. I went to visit my father's resting place with my mom. And had my favorite dinner. Chinese takeout. Believe it or not, my family hates Chinese food. So on days that celebrate me, I or myself, I order crap load of Chinese food and indulge myself.