Has Anyone Tried Sutliff's Macedonia Prelip Yet?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
This stuff

Does anyone know the components?

Is there Latakia in it?

Thinking about blending as many isolated orientals as I can, thanks for any help.

Tony1958

Lurker
May 11, 2024
Georgia
This stuff

Does anyone know the components?

Is there Latakia in it?

Thinking about blending as many isolated orientals as I can, thanks for any help.
I just got my pound of the Macedonia prelip. It is purely a mixture orientals added to the Macedonian leaf. Unfortunately I am not expert enough to dissect it. But one thing is sure. It has no Latakia.
I am smoking it neat. It is a great tobacco. Flowery. Feels perfume
Mostly satisfied with it. I will be using it and mix with other blend.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Yes I got some too, I was hoping for it to be the sour musty lighter leaf of Presbyterian though I like it it's not that. There is a Presbyterian match kit that supposedly has the components separated but I doubt it has that particular leaf isolated from the Latakia I'm thinking it's probably just TS-24 some Va and Lat but I might give that a go in my hunt. Always trying to create a great Oriental blend sans Lat.

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
Yes I got some too, I was hoping for it to be the sour musty lighter leaf of Presbyterian though I like it it's not that.

That's too bad, I've been eyeing the prelip for awhile but buying a pound of something I've never smoked I'm just not into. Thanks for the info, I would have been pretty disappointed. Im deff into the sour stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: vosBghos

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
That's too bad, I've been eyeing the prelip for awhile but buying a pound of something I've never smoked I'm just not into. Thanks for the info, I would have been pretty disappointed. Im deff into the sour stuff.
It's a real shame as I got some blonde Oriental leaf that is surely the sour musty ingredient in Presbyterian at a cigar shop in New Mexico.

The guy sold me what was left in the jar, maybe a 1/4 lb for $6, as he said he bought all these blending tobaccos when he opened the shop years before and it just sat there but he had no idea what exactly the name of the leaf was.

There are so many varieties I have all the McClelland grand Orientals except the one with Latakia but have not cracked them, thinking maybe one of the named varietals might be it then I will know for sure and be able to hunt it for my own Oriental sweet and sour.

I have concocted 50/50 Smyrna and this mysterious blonde sour leaf and it is a great smoke with strong PG tips tea.

Tony1958

Lurker
May 11, 2024
Georgia
Yes I got some too, I was hoping for it to be the sour musty lighter leaf of Presbyterian though I like it it's not that. There is a Presbyterian match kit that supposedly has the components separated but I doubt it has that particular leaf isolated from the Latakia I'm thinking it's probably just TS-24 some Va and Lat but I might give that a go in my hunt. Always trying to create a great Oriental blend sans Lat.
For what it’s worth, I am going to suggest to both pipes and cigars and smokingpipes to start carrying the prelip. I am sure it will take a long time for them to respond. Worst this is say no.