PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Have tobacco prices gone up? Or am I imagining things?
Depends on the tobacco, but in many cases is just isn't being discounted as much online from MSRP as it was previously. As others have said, this is occurring in other markets as well and is normal over time, especially for the current situation.

tzinc

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2021
Toronto
Yes I am very inquisitive. I have not been pipe smoking for very long and it seemed like it was a larger hike at some online places - a smaller hike I wouldn't have really noticed. They always use any crisis as an excuse to raise prices and when the crisis is over they never reduce prices lol.

When you count in exchange rate, shipping, and customs it can really be killer and you can't shop locally because the the local tax is higher then shipping and exchange rate so if you can get by customs online is best for me.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
PC's Best of the Rest at $16.99 for 16 oz bag has received two or three good reviews from at least two Forums members, if you'd like to jar something at low cost, although there are the usual complications shipping internationally. The flavor on this has to be variable since it is put together from blending all English or all aromatic blends, but the two people who commented found the blend very good; they won the bet.

Yep, it’s always going up. And, why is it that some people feel a need to put someone down for asking a simple question?

When I started on this forum, I could by five pounds for about $100, and frequently bought about 15 lbs a month for $300. It does suck, but as said, “it will never be cheaper than today.” That’s just reality.

No need for people to give asshole responses to a question, IMO.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I doubt any "crises" are causing an increase in price. A contributor certainly. But, increases in square footage, local taxes, salaries perhaps, and all of the assorted costs attached to doing business means price increase. Just pay your obligatory taxes and duties. Then stuff and fire up a pipe and relax. You knew costs would increase when you started smoking, we all did, it's the nature of the beast. The narrow view will always result in surprises.