PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ThomasS

Might Stick Around
Apr 30, 2024
Bayfield, WI
Hiya!

Pretty new to pipes, and eagerly learning all I can. Mistakes have been made, but I'm getting there. :) Randomly ordered a couple of pipes off Amazon, then moved on to randomly ordering a few off SmokingPipes, and lately got a set of 7 from an antique store that are actually pretty nice.

I'm still finding my favorites as far as tobacco. I do now know that I'm not fond of SuperValue Cherry (So bite. Very pain.), nor Captain Black's Cherry - which had I come here sooner you'd probably have warned me about. C&D Briar Fox is my current favorite now, but I just got a tin of GL Pease "Quiet Nights" that I am enjoying quite a bit.

Looking forward to the new adventure with you all.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Welcome! If you want to try a bunch of tobacco but not pay too much you should try ordering 1oz sized bags of tobacco from one of the online retailers.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Hiya!

Pretty new to pipes, and eagerly learning all I can. Mistakes have been made, but I'm getting there. :) Randomly ordered a couple of pipes off Amazon, then moved on to randomly ordering a few off SmokingPipes, and lately got a set of 7 from an antique store that are actually pretty nice.

I'm still finding my favorites as far as tobacco. I do now know that I'm not fond of SuperValue Cherry (So bite. Very pain.), nor Captain Black's Cherry - which had I come here sooner you'd probably have warned me about. C&D Briar Fox is my current favorite now, but I just got a tin of GL Pease "Quiet Nights" that I am enjoying quite a bit.

Looking forward to the new adventure with you all.
Welcome from Burlington! Another Wisconsinite who loves Briar Fox!