PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I did like 90 from El Paso to Dallas once and I seriously thought I was losing my mind. Nothing but the same flat land forever. You'll feel like you're in the Twilight Zone.

pufferissimo

Might Stick Around
Jan 20, 2012
Greetings from Indonesia Eddy!
Nice pipes! Let me know if you had any plans to come to my part of the world :)

gripsie

Might Stick Around
Dec 10, 2010
Hamburg, Germany
Good morning everyone and thanks again for the kind welcome!! Especially your barbecue (that's no barbecue, that's the best looking piece of meat I have ever seen), off road driving and high power (!!) rifle shooting offer is great. Would love to do that. You are very kind everyone. That's what I had learned in my two-week-visit some years ago already: most of the Americans are so unbelievably helpful and friendly! :)

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Oh eddy..
What we called "barbecue" in Europe is really grilling.
Barbeque: low temperature, slow cooking, usually with smoke, long time, vender tender meat

Grilling: high heat, shorter periods of time.
My pork shoulders goes in my smoker for 18 hours, my brisket (beef like the pic from Lonestar) 8 hours

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
My friend has a Saiga. I think the thing you're most likely to pulverize is your shoulder ;)

Right now this is the pride of my collection (on the rifle side anyway):

PIC-0019_1.jpg

Edit: that pic was taken before I got the BUIS on there.

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
Welcome Eddy, and might I add, that is a beautiful collection of pipes you have there...wow!

gripsie

Might Stick Around
Dec 10, 2010
Hamburg, Germany
OK, for those of you who are interested, here are the makers of the pipes:
On top: Boris Starkov quarter bent Pot

Then the left side downwards: Wolfgang Becker Wasp, Jess C Bamboo Pot, Rainer Barbi Apple, Starkov Brandy/Pot, Barbi long shank Blowfish variation, Tsuge Ikebana bent Brandy and finally on the bottom: Ashton Pebble Grain Canadian
The right hand side downwards: Peterson Bent, Charatan Zulu/Dublin, Dunhill Shell Billard from 1947, Dunhill Prince from the 1950s, Peter Hedegaard Apple, J. Alan Bamboo "Strawberry", Tokutomi Apple..
Bests, Eddy

Status
Not open for further replies.