PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hello all.
Old pipe smoker from sunny Greece. 55 years old, mechanical engineer.
Quit pipe smoking for two decades, returned to cigarettes and been a vaper since 2011 but I still smoke few cigarettes.
Used to have five cheap pipes, kept only the one which was a gift from my wife, an italian fe.ro.
A month ago I returned to pipe smoking and bought a new Savinelli Sienna apple and a new Chacom rusticated billiard, both straight.
This forum opened my eyes. I realized that I never new how to smoke a pipe. Maybe that was the reason I quit.
I am still trying to refine my technique but I am in the right path and I am enjoying pipe smoking.
Thank you all for the great info and advice. It was invaluable. You guys are awesome!
See you in the next thread asking for help.
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Welcome mate from Tasmania, Australia and practice make perfect on the pipe smoking process. Some of us are still learning even though we've been sucking on briar for years.
snowsearch-ben-lomond-700x466.jpeg

ParkitoATL

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2023
Atlanta, GA
Hello all.
Old pipe smoker from sunny Greece. 55 years old, mechanical engineer.
Greetings from sunny Atlanta, Georgia. One of my favorite pipes is an Amadeus bent billiard made in Greece, which I picked up for $10 on eBay. It is one of the sweetest smokers in my collection. Briar from Greece is apparently quite good and, if this pipe is any indication, I would have to agree. Currently looking for more Greek pipes.

My wife and I have been to Serifos, Sifnos, Athens, Poros and Nafplio. Hoping to get back to your lovely country sometime soon!