PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnkelly55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2021
Lancaster, PA
Hello fellow Pipe-smiths,
My name is John Kelly. I am new to the Lancaster, PA area, moved here in April. Originally from upstate New York, Syracuse and Albany. I just retired and moved up north from Florida... to be near the kids and grandkids.
I am very excited to join the Pipes fellowship. You feel so alone in the pipe smoking world these days.
I began smoking my pipe back in the late 70's- frequenting the local Tinder Box. (Syracuse's Fayetteville Mall.). Like a lot of guys, I began smoking aromatics. I am going to guess that they were Lane's. I would guess that Tinder Box sold mostly Lane as their aromatic in those days. ??? I still like a few Aromatics and order some from pipesandcigars.com, Boswells, and Wilke.
I love my VA's, and love Hal o the Wynd and some of Greg's blends. Order C&D, too. I still have some McClelland kicking around, thank God! And have my share of English blends and am always looking for a new blend to put in my pipe!
I had the joy of living in Albany for awhile. So, I visited Scotty Bendett's store when he was just starting out. (And when Russ was just starting out too!). If any guys remember- Scotty began in a small shop in a mall (CAN"T REMEMBER THE NAME???) before he moved to Central Ave in Albany.
Great times and great memories.
I am still learning. I am not a novice, rather experienced. But, I am always learning. If you can't grow... then, it is time to start pushing up Daisys....
I try to keep eclectic with my tobacco and same with my pipes- Savenellis, Tinski, Don Carlos, Peterson, Boswell.
Thanks for letting me join and I am looking forward to being a part of the gang,
Happy puffing,
John Kelly

Jan 27, 2020
I heard Lancaster has changed for the better in the last couple years. I did happen to go to some awful tobacco store in a mall there a year or so ago, I would avoid it at all costs.

Stompthroat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 5, 2021
Maryland
Welcome to the forum! I'm not too far from you, just south into Maryland! Happy retirement, enjoy the grandkids

Status
Not open for further replies.