PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brew&Briar

(Urban Briar)
Jan 3, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Hello fellow pipe smokers.

I have been a novice pipe smoker for the past ~10 years. Despite a slow burn, I still purchase more tobacco than I can consume in a reasonable period of time - and purchase more pipes than necessary.

Currently enjoying Warped Cloud hopper - and after trying my first bowl of Frog Morton Cellar, I am now cursed with trying to fill that void I never new existed.

I also just started a new alias instagram account for Pipe Smoking and other fine things @BrewandBriar

Cheers!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central N.C.; I originated in Chicagoland. In the Navy I spend some time home-ported in Long Beach and bussed in to L.A. proper to see the Lakers play in the Wilt Chamberlin days and eat some non-Navy food and otherwise get away from military life for the weekend. Another business trip there much later in my working life, which I enjoyed quite a bit.

maulragoth

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2018
Welcome Urban! Love some Frog Morton Cellar, when you can get it. Nothing wrong with stocking up for the tobaccapocalypse.

Reactions: Brew&Briar

Brew&Briar

(Urban Briar)
Jan 3, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Welcome aboard from central N.C.; I originated in Chicagoland. In the Navy I spend some time home-ported in Long Beach and bussed in to L.A. proper to see the Lakers play in the Wilt Chamberlin days and eat some non-Navy food and otherwise get away from military life for the weekend. Another business trip there much later in my working life, which I enjoyed quite a bit.
What arena did the Lakers play in those days? I reside in the Downtown LA area, and their presence at the Staples Center has been a key factor in the revitalization/gentrification of the city. Pretty amazing to watch over the last 12 years I have been here.

Brew&Briar

(Urban Briar)
Jan 3, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Welcome from Colorado. I miss the frog!
I've only had it once, and miss it so. It was the last smoke in that pipe.. so the ghost still lingers..
I just got a few ounces of Boswell Northwoods.. I have heard they have some similar notes.
Also Sutliffs Eastfarthing... But I wont get my hopes up there as it has a light vanilla casing on it..

Oh well, Here's to new adventures.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Urban briar, I'm sure my Lakers experience pre-dated the Stables Center by eons, with Wilt Chamberlin playing. I can't remember the name of the venue. A shipmate and I caught a bus on Wilshire (and later back) and it wasn't a long ride, maybe thirty minutes including stops. It was a big indoor stadium with sloping floors for seating, no balconies that I recall. We were about midway back. I think we just asked for the Lakers, may not have even learned the name of the stadium. I was surprised that perhaps a third of the fans seemed to be groups of kids and age-mate friends with one or two parents. Comfortable and consoling experience for a couple of sailors during the Vietnam thing.

Reactions: Brew&Briar
Status
Not open for further replies.