Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Grimlineman

Lurker
Nov 14, 2023
Georgia
Brand new to pipe smoking glad to find a place to get advice.

I have started out with this to get my feet wet

1-Q for an aromatic
Luxury twist for a Virginia
Amphora English

I liked the container smell of Luxury twist the best but like how it smokes the least…..maybe I’m smoking it to fast IDK or maybe it’s just not for me time will tell

Really enjoy 1-Q and Amphora English blend. I’m wondering how Amphora English compares to Peterson early morning pipe? They about the same or completely different?

So far I have learned my palate can not tell that great of a difference betweenthese blends hats off to the folks that puff with long stares and talk about all the flavors they get…….maybe I’ll get there.

Anyways glad to be here!

Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
Welcome from PA

die-hard-john-mc-clane.gif

Btw, from some of the lifers here, I've learned you want to sip on VAs to the point where you are getting small wisps of smoke (basically feathering the ember between staying lit and going out). If you are getting plumes of smoke, then you open yourself up to tongue bite and smoking hot...and, most likely, you might not enjoy those blends.

As you will also learn, enjoy it as YOU enjoy it.

Last edited:

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Brand new to pipe smoking glad to find a place to get advice.

I have started out with this to get my feet wet

1-Q for an aromatic
Luxury twist for a Virginia
Amphora English

I liked the container smell of Luxury twist the best but like how it smokes the least…..maybe I’m smoking it to fast IDK or maybe it’s just not for me time will tell

Really enjoy 1-Q and Amphora English blend. I’m wondering how Amphora English compares to Peterson early morning pipe? They about the same or completely different?

So far I have learned my palate can not tell that great of a difference betweenthese blends hats off to the folks that puff with long stares and talk about all the flavors they get…….maybe I’ll get there.

Anyways glad to be here!
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: Grimlineman

reloader

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Southern, NM
Welcome from New Mexico. I'm a big fan of the blends you've tried so far. I like most of my tobacco pretty dry, so try that with the Luxury Twist Flake. Break it up, let it sit for a few hours then pack it light and tamp as needed. I find the Amphoa English to be very light. You'll find much stronger English blends as you go. Happy puffing!

Reactions: Grimlineman