PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

hdflame

Lurker
Aug 25, 2023
I smoked a pipe in the mid 80's that I bought from a pipe shop in the mall in Charleston SC. I don't even think the mall still exists! I was a heavy cigarette smoker and tried a pipe because I liked the smell. Well, since there was no internet back then and I had nobody to ask I just smoked it like cigarettes. It burned my tongue so I finally quit.

Flash forward over 40 years and I haven't smoked anything in a long time but recently have been thinking about the smell of Black and Milds that I used to smoke....also inhaling like cigarettes. I'm thinking of finding a really good aromatic tobacco and a good smoking pipe that I can puff on to enjoy the smell. Can I do that without inhaling?? I hope so! ;)

I would love to have some suggestions on a pipe and also some good smelling mild tobacco. I have watched some YouTube videos and looked at some different products. One is a Savinelli: Saint Nicholas 2023 (626) (6mm) Tobacco Pipe. Would that be a good starter pipe?

Thanks for your help in advance.

RobNYC

Lifer
Dec 10, 2021
Queens, N.Y.
Thanks! After posting this I started searching the threads for some recommendations.
You are very welcome. There are tons of recommendations available here. I'm afraid I'm not much help in the mild aromatic department, but you will find many who will be a great help with that.

Reactions: hdflame
Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
Welcome from Northern NV by way of Asheville, NC.
That St nick will be a solid starter pipe. I would recommend starting with some Carter Hall or Sir Walter Raleigh. Very forgiving tobaccos that will deliver good flavor and a nice room note, while allowing you room to learn proper packing and cadence without melting your tongue off.

Reactions: hdflame