PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldRocko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2021
South Florida USA
Greetings from Idaho and welcome?
Your member name immediately reminded me of Fig Newton’s- the cookie. Sorry, it’s the long lasting affects of marketing jingles that are Squirreled away in our memory bank somewhere that resurface when we see or hear some similar cue or stimuli.?
Funny - the memory that popped into my head was eating from a roadside fruit vendor in California. Best fruit I've ever had. Granted, Fig Newtons are pretty darn good!

Reactions: Fralphog

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Although I've been slowing down on Latakia blends, Plum Pudding remains an all-time favorite. Magnum Opus is really exceptional, as well (I like it better than Black House or White Knight, to my taste).
In any case, welcome to the forum, from NE Wisconsin!

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Greeting all,

I’m Paul from Elk Grove, Ca (near Sacramento). Been lurking for a few years, finally popping above the surface To say hello. I’m mostly and English and Balkan smoker. I keep trying various aromatics on occasion, but prefer the smokier stuff. Really enjoying some of the Hearth and home blends (Magnum Opus, Black House, White Knight) as well as Plum Pudding Special Reserve lately. Big fan of Frog Morton on the Town (RIP) and the MacBaren HH Vintage Syrian. Squadron Leader as well. So many blends yet to try, but so glad I discovered the hobby 5 years or so ago. Look forward to more participation here! Good smokes to all!
Is the Briar Patch still going? When I lived in Winters it was my go-to. They had three stores, two of which were closed some 4-5 years ago, and the one downtown store remained.

Status
Not open for further replies.