Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gord

Might Stick Around
I play baritone sax, occasionally tenor sax, . I always wanted to play like Stefan grappelli. The joyous swing!
I'd opt for Jean luc ponty . . . . he actually had a massive technique and won several legit violin competitions . . . . and his lead guitarist daryl steurmer was a perfect match. great band!
Steurmer was one time lead guitar of genesis, but opted to join the jean luc ponty band as he was a jazzer at heart!
But grappeli? such a sweet tone, and you said it - joyous swing indeed!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Welcome to the forum from The Center Of The Known Universe!

Ashland, Oregon

So you're stopped fiddling around. Happens to us all, eventually.

One of my friends from many, many years ago was Reginald Stewart, who founded the Toronto Philharmonic Orchestra.

gord

Might Stick Around
Welcome to the forum from The Center Of The Known Universe!

Ashland, Oregon

So you're stopped fiddling around. Happens to us all, eventually.

One of my friends from many, many years ago was Reginald Stewart, who founded the Toronto Philharmonic Orchestra.
I may have met him . . . . heard the name. Was in Toronto playing in summer festivals and NYO for a few years, and for a season as assistant-concertmaster of the Esprit Canadian, an orchestra that specializes in contemporary music.

Reactions: sablebrush52

Sgetz

Lifer
May 21, 2020
UK
I'd opt for Jean luc ponty . . . . he actually had a massive technique and won several legit violin competitions . . . . and his lead guitarist daryl steurmer was a perfect match. great band!
Steurmer was one time lead guitar of genesis, but opted to join the jean luc ponty band as he was a jazzer at heart!
But grappeli? such a sweet tone, and you said it - joyous swing indeed!
I will look him up. Thanks for pointer

Reactions: gord

gord

Might Stick Around
Big churchwarden fan here!

View attachment 310703
Me too! Have a good collection of church wardens . . . . McQueens mostly. Bought a bunch of discontinued McQ's cheap from a business that was getting out of pipes. Great fun!

Also spent time in Toronto in younger days, teaching and playing in the symphony scene there. National Youth Orchestra was a blast. Used to bend elbows at the Old Embassy. Now gone of course. We used to call it the "Bloor Street Office."

If you remember the Embassy, you're in trouble lol!

Reactions: BrightDarkEyes