PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a spacious room! Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. I've only been to Savannah once, but it is a beautiful Southern city, with excellent food and a famous school of art and design.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Nice set up! Especially with the door to the deck. You might do a site search here for blends with cigar tobacco, I remember seeing one discussion recently, if you're interested.

Reactions: Magoo6541

MikeCifone

Lurker
Jul 14, 2022
Los Angeles
My dream is to have such a room. Ah, one day...

So I've been meaning to finally order Three Nuns. So how is it really? Is it a Lat heavy blend? (This was the CS Lewis fav? Is it really the same blend I wonder?)

Good Luck with the room!

--Mike.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Welcome from Florida. Same boat as you, minus the smoking room, 2 decades of Habanos with a pipe trial run then more Habanos now lots of tears and more dislike for china and pipes.

Magoo6541

Lurker
Jul 12, 2022
Welcome from Knoxville.

I was stationed at Fort Stewart for 7 years and spent many weekends partying in Savannah and on Tybee Island. I even remember a few of them! rotf

I used to love getting tanked on River Street and stumbling my way to Vinnie Van Go-Go's for a couple of slices before passing out in some random spot.

I no longer drink to blackout status, so I should head back there some day for a more memorable experience!

View attachment 156632
I haven’t been to Vinny’s in a while. There was a place called Sweet Melissa’s that was a great place for a slice after a night of drinking. I think it’s closed now though ?
My dream is to have such a room. Ah, one day...

So I've been meaning to finally order Three Nuns. So how is it really? Is it a Lat heavy blend? (This was the CS Lewis fav? Is it really the same blend I wonder?)

Good Luck with the room!

--Mike.
From what I understand, the old Three Nuns was a VaPer but is now a Virginia/Burley blend. No Perique, no Latakia.

I really enjoy burley blends so it was up my alley. Not nearly as strong as Peterson Irish Flake if you’re familiar with it but it’s in the same category.

McConnell Scottish Cake is advertised as a Virginia/Burley with some Perique. I remember really enjoying Scottish Cake and recently got some tins. I can’t detect any Burley in it though.
Welcome from NC, I lived in Savannah for almost ten years. I still miss it often, it's a really fantastic and one of a kind town. Grab a bite at Crystal Beer Parlor if you haven't already.
I’m very familiar with CBP. It’s a great place for a beer and burger. Their menu was pretty limited during Covid but is back to normal. Fortunately, my burger wasn’t on the Covid menu but they accommodated me every time I stopped by.

Reactions: Swiss Army Knife

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
Welcome from Nashville. I just left Savannah Saturday after a brief vacation at Hilton Head. Went to Peaceful Henrys in Bluffton and was impressed by their cigar selection but not their pipe tobaccos. Great place to have smoke and a drink.