SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Nov 28, 2023
Old story, new post. I got this pipe in an estate sale lot. It is small and rather "cute". I find myself enthralled with trying to find out about it. The marking says "Hampshire" with a sub of "AGED BRUYERE". The stem has two dots, but I cannot tell if they were painted white, or were inlaid and fell out. I can find nothing on this pipe. Any input would be appreciated.p7.jpgp8.jpg

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
According to this Russian site the brand belonged to Briarcraft. I don't think it's very convincing given the differences in appearance, and I also don't know what the source of the information was..

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
For what it’s worth I associate the all-caps no-serifs AGED BRUYERE with Kaywoodie.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I'm afraid I have no idea who made your pipe. If it helps though I can tell you that in Hartford, Hereford, and Hampshire hurricanes hardly happen.
Small point of order @jguss. Hartford is in Connecticut, the actual saying goes ‘in Hertfordshire, Herefordshire & Hampshire’. Apart from that I found your post quite humorous.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
According to this Russian site the brand belonged to Briarcraft. I don't think it's very convincing given the differences in appearance, and I also don't know what the source of the information was..

In looking around yesterday briarcraft definitely had some lines that sported a similar double white dot.

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123
Nov 28, 2023
Thank you all for the input. I think I'm leaning towards the Russian article and the reference to it being a Briarcraft second. There are references on the Pipes Logos and Markings website that Briarcraft had other named second brands that sported two dots. Other than what's in this thread, I have found no other reference to Hampshire pipes.

Nov 28, 2023
This thing was a faded, sooty mess when I got it. I decided to strip and refinish it. Hope I'm doing it justice.

Attachments

• H1.JPG
    H1.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 8
  • H3.jpg
    H3.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 8
  • H5.jpg
    H5.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 8
  • H6.jpg
    H6.jpg