PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Good find, brother. Hope some help can be found here. I have a few first-era Larsen's but nonesuch stampings. I hazard a guess it signifies the carver, but have nothing to back that up.

Reactions: Ahi Ka

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Those are monkeypox scars, do not smoke that pipe under any circumstances! Send it to me in a sealed envelope and I will see that it is properly “quarantined”.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: romaso and Ahi Ka

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I don’t know anything when it comes to Danish pipes, but after looking through the early 1960s catalogues on pipedia, this pipe looks kinda like looks like a variation on shape 60.

13405A43-F4F8-475C-82CD-0F3102D4DEE2.jpeg

I then saw in the other catalogue that Poul Rasmussen was responsible for the shapes from 30-70 roughly.

I then saw this estate pipe which has a similar feel and button shaping to mine, and was intrigued by the comment that he was known for more classical/factory style shapes

as I said, all just armchair musing from a confused britwood enthusiast. Hoping someone with hands on knowledge with pipes from the Copenhagen crew will chime in at some stage

Reactions: Humblepipe

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I recently acquired a Larsen with ample markings and was able to find several very similar but not identical styles but ultimately wasn’t able to pinpoint the date/carver with any real certainty. Pretty sure of a date range and I’m content that it is what it purports to be, but that’s about as far as I could get. It smokes great and is a stunning design so I’m happy even though I don’t have the exact provenance.

Oh, you should probably be extra extra careful with poxed pipes so if it came into contact with any pipes, tobacco, expensive watches, lighters, etc., just box it all up (cupboard included!) and send it all my way, brother. I’ll handle it from there. ?

• Haha
Reactions: Ahi Ka