PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pipesandscotch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2010
Northeast PA
Here's a unicorn request! Does anyone have memory of, or having visited a long gone tobacconist in Towson, Maryland named The Tobacco Chandler? Help would be appreciated!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Does the town have a Facebook page or a historical society? You need the town's resident historian, who would at least know who to ask.

My hometown suburb of Chicago, Park Ridge, had a vibrant pipe shop for maybe twenty years, complete with a resident artisan pipe carver. During a certain era, it became a hang-out for counter culture young students. This was all long after I'd left town for college and military, but I'd catch the scene briefly when I'd get home to visit my family on holidays.

spike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2009
Does the town have a Facebook page or a historical society? You need the town's resident historian, who would at least know who to ask.

My hometown suburb of Chicago, Park Ridge, had a vibrant pipe shop for maybe twenty years, complete with a resident artisan pipe carver. During a certain era, it became a hang-out for counter culture young students. This was all long after I'd left town for college and military, but I'd catch the scene briefly when I'd get home to visit my family on holidays.
Bob Rowe’s Evening Pipe Shop? I still remember it.

pipesandscotch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2010
Northeast PA

Towson is just outside Baltimore. Shop was in a mall that I worked in after undergrad. I frequented the shop on days I worked and loved their tobaccos. I left Baltimore in early 80's. Didn't know if anyone knew it.