Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Reggie_Magoo

Lurker
Nov 3, 2022
Seems like when I get to bottom of bowl I often get the hiccups what count be does this happen to anybody else

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
could be lots of things but that for me can be the sign I am at the boarder of too much nicotine. I bet the bottom of the bowl that's damper probably has more nicotine and also know that tobacco acts like a filter so the less tobacco it goes through before getting to you means technically more smoke and more nicotine. Usually only happens if I take a sniff of snuff that's on the large size and then take a big pinch of snus or dip. And it tells me a little more would have made me nauseas.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Wow, I never knew nicotine could cause hiccups, I’ve never experienced them before smoking a pipe.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
I used to get this weird pressure that felt like it sat right above my stomach whenever I smoked too much but never got the hiccups. Have you tried holding your breath to deal with them? Take a deep breath and hold it in for a while, it works for me every time. Be careful, some people might get dizzy from this.