Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Mar 1, 2014
Decided to smoke a cigar tonight instead of a pipe, opening the impromptu humidor for the first time in years and it's doing great, thought some of you might like to see it.

D896E6B9-B935-4A55-A229-28CB16D62B21.jpeg

7ED4FEE5-F5D4-4C28-8053-0B888BD2390E.jpeg

The 3/4lb Boveda was hot glued in place, no more faffing about with loose packs, and despite what the manufacturer wants people to believe these can be re-hydrated so this is a permanent solution.
Many of my other "Tubidors" weren't nearly as successful, and this one happens to also look really good.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
despite what the manufacturer wants people to believe these can be re-hydrated so this is a permanent solution
Do you then remove the cigars and place a container of distilled water in the humidity to rehydrate it? I rehydrate mine regularly (before they start to harden) in a salad keeper with distilled water below a basket which contains the Boveda packs.

Mar 1, 2014
Do you then remove the cigars and place a container of distilled water in the humidity to rehydrate it? I rehydrate mine regularly (before they start to harden) in a salad keeper with distilled water below a basket which contains the Boveda packs.
I have re-humidified this humidor once (I assume the dry Cigars sucked up all the water).
If I remember correctly my method was to pour distilled water in the lid with the Boveda and then quickly close the container upside down so the cigars didn't spill out.

A smarter way to do it is probably transplanting the cigars while re-humidifying, but in either case I assume Boveda packs will absorb water fastest if they are in direct contact with the water.