PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I'm not really sure of the question. But I will say that it's really hard to escape high school when you still live in your home town.

Oh and Facebook. That's all just....high school.

Infantry23

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 8, 2020
Smithsburg, Maryland
I escaped it. I eventually moved back to my hometown but stayed off Fartbook, so I was thankfully not sucked back into high school.
Not bickering with strangers on social media (pipes magazine forum being the exception) has helped me remain an adult

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Most do. Obviously some do not. I've never been back for a reunion although I live in the same city. I do hear reports that many of alumnae never changed though. The organizers of the "pep rallys" are the ones who organize the reunions. Some of the jocks still don their "letter" sweaters/jackets. The "in-crowd" hang together and still pick on the less than "perfect". So, maybe it's some do, most do not. rotf I even arrested a few of my classmates who never matured and moved on from being an adolescent.

Reactions: PaulRVA

JackOrion

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2023
West Yonkers California
I miss it looking back. More so just being a kid. All the new discoveries. Girlfriends….. music. Then it makes me think of junior and grade school. What I miss most from that time are my grandparents. Grandpa taking me fishing and the truest kindness of grandma. I miss playing D&D in the 6th grade. Hearing Rush’s newest album Signals on cassette that I bought with my paper route money. All the things that led up to high school. Which was a whole different thing but still…. Lauri Marcosa!!! God what happened to her??? Trust me when I say she was gorgeous! And she let me be her boyfriend for our sophomore year.
Do we ever get past it? Yeah but it’s good to remember the lessons learned.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Highschool? What's that? First one was in Manhattan in NY. Rarely was there. Second one was in NC. I hated my life. Thank god, college was much more interesting.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Stare out the window, you can't make the time go
You don't even know why you're here
Wait for the weekend, to go off the deep end
And make everything disappear

You're lost in a teenage jail
So young and so vicious and so frail
Where something is always for sale
You're lost in a teenage jail

You're not like your mother
You're not like the others
You're not quite like anyone else

They don't even know you
Got nothing to show you
So get something good for your little ol' self

Last edited:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Good memories for me. My class of 205 still has reunions every five years. I'm still friends with a number of local classmates. Its odd, in my eyes, the hot girls are still the hot girls, even though they are now all 62 years old.

• Haha
Reactions: SBC
Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
I rowed in high school, so most of my memories of the daily tortures of 5 am practices, steps, hills, loops, power hours, power 10s and 20s are scorched into my memory banks. But I managed to escape it. Now I live a comfortable life, enjoying good food , family and friends...along with a full pipe. Ahhhhhhh, yeah, I escaped.