Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
First, I'm in no way a Shill for TP. They are selling 4 packs 4 year old Capstan for less money than you can buy 4 tins of fresh. Aged is $71.28, 4 fresh tins are $71.80. Yes, the 4 pack is a variety pack of the 4 Capstan blends but they're all excellent. Given how often Capstan is praised here, I'm surprised these are still around.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
They were running a similar Mac Baren aged tin special last month (HH Virginia Flake, a burley and a Latakia flake, I believe).

I'm intrigued by the special, especially since they ran an aged Capstan special maybe a year ago. Decent marketing technique, but out of my price range.

The concept reminds me of certain bars selling aged cocktails (mix, bottle, let flavors merry for years, open, and serve for a premium). Here, we have a major vendor capitalizing on a growing trend, the purchase of aged tobacco and at a lower price then other websites. Maybe other products are being held back for future sales.

jmg81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2019
Camp Humphreys, South Korea
Seems like there’s this Capstan deal going around, Cup O’ Joes has it too.

Just fyi, Cupojoes and TP are both owned by sutliff and have near identical stock. All recent orders from both have the same address.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
No way in hell am I paying more than $10/ounce for something as basic as Capstan, aged or no. Other than Harris, God rest his soul, I don't see a whole lot of clambering going on here about it.
SP claims the Blue Flake to be one of their top 10 selling Virginias. I wonder if the Ready-Rubbed versions aren't as big of sellers, and this helps them all to move...

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I wouldn’t mind, if you could just buy one tin of each, I might give that a go, as I’ve never smoked either.

Reactions: haebar