PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
My last two winters were outdoor smoking years. With a propane patio heater, with three walls and a ceiling, and insulated coveralls, I was down to -20°C while sitting, and -30°C while walking to a place I was already walking to. Some days I just smoked in my car.
When it's that cold I notice a lot more condensation inside the stem, and my cup of coffee gets cold too fast. I don't smoke cigars very often, but they are easier to smoke on the go outdoors in cold conditions.

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
When it's that cold I notice a lot more condensation inside the stem, and my cup of coffee gets cold too fast. I don't smoke cigars very often, but they are easier to smoke on the go outdoors in cold conditions.
Need a double walled vacuum insulated coffee mug/cup. Mine keeps it hot quite a long time even when cold outside.

And the tumbler works great keeping beer cold in the summer!

andre3s

Lurker
Dec 7, 2020
Chambly, QC
My last two winters were outdoor smoking years. With a propane patio heater, with three walls and a ceiling, and insulated coveralls, I was down to -20°C while sitting, and -30°C while walking to a place I was already walking to. Some days I just smoked in my car.
I am thinking to get a patio heater.
I believe today will be the last day I can smoke outside this week. Tomorrow the temperature starts to drop.

Cotton1

Can't Leave
Nov 3, 2020
South Carolina
I believe today will be the last day I can smoke outside this week. Tomorrow the temperature starts to drop.
I bought a small one a few weeks ago. It's a regular household plug in and is made to mount on the ceiling of a garage.
I mounted mine to a old chainsaw carving that I can move around. It was like $50 and has been well worth it to me. Made by Comfort Zone, purchased from local farm supply. I will take a pic if anybody is interested.
Full disclosure: here in South Carolina 40 is cold!( To me anyway) I have been out to smoke in the 30's but still pretty bundled up.

Reactions: JOHN72 and rajangan
Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
I bought a small one a few weeks ago. It's a regular household plug in and is made to mount on the ceiling of a garage.
I mounted mine to a old chainsaw carving that I can move around. It was like $50 and has been well worth it to me. Made by Comfort Zone, purchased from local farm supply. I will take a pic if anybody is interested.
Full disclosure: here in South Carolina 40 is cold!( To me anyway) I have been out to smoke in the 30's but still pretty bundled up.
Nice. Where abouts in SC? I grew up in Moncks Corner.

Reactions: JOHN72

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
I have been think of that as well...
I recommend having two tanks. I've got a twenty and a thirty. It's nice to be able to keep smoking after a tank runs out.

Being in a semi enclosed space improves their effectiveness too.