PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I've been enjoying a tin of Drucquer and Sons "Blairgowrie"..... Wonderful stuff. Never got to go to the legendary shop. So what is the correct way to pronounce this? Drukker? Drew-ker? Dru-kwa?..... Thanks-- this question pops in my head every time I smoke a bowl of this.............. :crazy: .......... I know.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

It's pronounced D 'n' S. Just like Guns and Roses is pronounced.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I bet Greg Pease knows!
"Drew-ker" would be consistent with the French-looking name. (though it could have been anglicized) Brit: " Drukkah" :)

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I bet Greg Pease knows!
Yea, that's what I was thinking too.......... maybe Greg will chime in.......... :puffy: I was calling it Drucker, as in "trucker", but I'm thinking JGuss is probably right on this one..... "Drew-ker"

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
sam-drucker-who-ran-the-petticoat-junction-and-hooterville-grocery-store.jpg

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I've been enjoying a tin of Drucquer and Sons "Blairgowrie"..... Wonderful stuff. Never got to go to the legendary shop. So what is the correct way to pronounce this? Drukker? Drew-ker? Dru-kwa?..... Thanks-- this question pops in my head every time I smoke a bowl of this.............. :crazy: .......... I know.
I believe that Dru-ker would be correct.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
If it’s pronounced how I’ve heard it, you can make a fine limerick with it. Which incidentally are also from Ireland. :lol:

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
This question of pronunciation was raised on Facebook today and I ran across this thread in my attempt to find a definitive answer. I saw that Greg Pease had been unavailable to provide the answer, but having recently corresponded with him, I figured I'd give it another go.
My question: "So.... is it Drukker or Drooker (as in "boot")? ”
His answer: "For what it's worth, we always called it 'Drooker' because that's how the family pronounced it."

Status
Not open for further replies.