PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
What's your preferred method to store your pipe collection (the ones not currently in use/rotation)?

I used to have a big sheet of pegboard on the wall that I framed and added hangers that I'd put my cobs on. The Mrs. eventually got me to take it down (it was pretty ugly). I just tossed them in a huge Crown Royal bag after that, but that kind of sucked because it wasn't very organized.

The current method I'm trying: I got this plastic case with customizable foam inserts The foam is cut into a half inch grid, so you just tear away pieces to create a cavity for whatever you put in it. Using it for my cobs not currently in rotation. It's a work in progress.

I'd be interested to see how some of you store your pipes (besides on a rack).

Edit: Fixed the formatting because it got messed up pretty bad trying to post this on the mobile site

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
I can't help it. I'm cheap, they're cheap, they smoke amazingly well... the stars have aligned.
Been branching out into briars, though.
They have some cobs now with Forever stems on them now pretty cheap you might like. I bought the Emerald cob great smoker. Was only 30 when I got it. The stem alone is worth 20.

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
They have some cobs now with Forever stems on them now pretty cheap you might like. I bought the Emerald cob great smoker. Was only 30 when I got it. The stem alone is worth 20.
I saw some of those. The Emerald is pretty. I also thought about getting a couple nice churchwarden stems and using them with my Washingtons and Apple Diplomats.

Not one with a forever stem, but their Maddox pipe has my eye right now.

Reactions: Coreios

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I can't help it. I'm cheap, they're cheap, they smoke amazingly well... the stars have aligned.
Been branching out into briars, though.
Before I discovered meerschaums, I thought nothing smoked drier than a cob! I'll never dis anyone for smoking them. No fuss.

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
I saw some of those. The Emerald is pretty. I also thought about getting a couple nice churchwarden stems and using them with my Washingtons and Apple Diplomats.

Not one with a forever stem, but their Maddox pipe has my eye right now.
Nice, not sure if you already know this, but if the stem is lose fitting you can wrap a piece of paper around it and twist it in and after 1 smoke it'll bond inside and the stem will come out clean. If you ever want to remove it it scrapes out easy with a tri tool poker or whatever you have lyin around.

Status
Not open for further replies.