PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I drink 5-7 cups a day, I can drink coffee at 11pm and go to bed 30 minutes later, it doesn't keep me awake anymore it just keeps me alive, I only have a problem when i don't drink it, then i'm tired and sluggish, that's what i get for visiting the White House and forgetting .. well nvm.

I used to drink coffee with a lot of cream and a lot of sugar, about 2 years ago on Keto that wasn't going to work, well the sugar, so i forced myself to start drinking it black and I still do to this day, hot, iced, cold from sitting out for 30 minutes all coffee is good.

How do you take your coffee or tea.... lets be inclusive.

black just like my eyes.

1. Coffee - Very strong and black w/o sugar 99% of time. 1% of time with cream and sugar. Almost always before lunch

2. Tea - Fine black or white teas about 50% of time, without any condiments. First Flush Darjeeling, Darjeeling, Black Oolong, Pu Ehr, Silver Tips, etc. Regular black teas about 49% of time, also without any condiments. In other words, I drink two cups a day - One cup of fine tea and one cup of regular black tea.

Remaining 1% of time a regular black tea, with milk, sugar, green cardamom and a few strands of saffron.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Ugh. Well, to each his own!

Two cappuccino in the morning, espresso, American or another cap in the afternoon. French or Italian roast.

The foaming of the milk changes the chemistry making it sweet, so no sugar.

Sometimes I go French press with lighter beans. Black or sweetened, depending on the phase of the moon.

jaingorenard

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2022
Norwich, UK
Black, usually from a cafetiere, sometimes pour over. I also have a 9barista, which is a stove top maker that makes real espresso (9 bars of pressure, correct heat yadda yadda), and I'll have a double espresso from that most afternoons. It's a really interesting piece of engineering designed by a jet engine engineer.9Barista-updated.png

• Love
Reactions: JOHN72

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
The first one in the morning before work is strong black coffee. I like coffee with milk, double load of coffeelong, with whiskey or brandy, or (cortado) that here in Spain, it is black coffee, with a few tears of milk. But always without sweeteners. Maybe you have low blood pressure, like me? Since you say that if you don't take it, you feel tired.

Last edited:
Reactions: OverMountain