PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Black, and wouldn't have it any other way - unless is a Cappuccino. But absolutely nothing sweet in it.
Light roast is my go to, medium after that. Pour over and the occasional French press for coffee. Espresso is a whole other rabbit whole

Pooh-Bah

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2023
Central Maryland
Varies by blend and mood, but usually I take all hot beverages "pure".
No cream, no sugar. Unless it's a special occasion and I've dug out my nice tea set - in which case, East Frisian tea in their fashion (little rock candy in the cup, cream, no stirring)

Reactions: JOHN72

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Regretfully, decaf, for health reasons. Otherwise, stovetop percolator coffee is my thing, though I make my wife French press for her every morning. I put just enough milk in mine to cut the acidity, and sometimes finish the pot drinking it black.

When I first announced on Forums that I drank mostly stovetop percolator coffee, one of the other members asked, "Dad, is that you?"

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Reactions: hawky454

Jbrewer2002

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2023
Somerset Ohio
Hot or cold, not burnt, black. Drives me crazy when I go to that big chain and ask for a black coffe and they put sweetener in it. Then next time I say black, nothing in it and they say “not even the coffee?” SMH!!

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Hot or cold, not burnt, black. Drives me crazy when I go to that big chain and ask for a black coffe and they put sweetener in it. Then next time I say black, nothing in it and they say “not even the coffee?” SMH!!
Try going through drive through and asking for "Light No Sugar" ... and getting someone give you dark with 16 sugars in it !! They hear what they want, not what you say and its getting worse ... In the days of yore there were only 4 options: Black, Black and Sweet (4 sugars), Cream and sugar (2 sugars), and light no sugar (4 creams- light tan or white in color). Thats its ! Anything else and you asked for it on the side and made your own so as to not delay the line ! And that was everywhere. (Back in the days of Yore where I am from ! --- I miss Yore!).

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
One double shot in the morning and another in the afternoon. I feel like I could work in another after dinner but that either has no effect or it keeps me up all night.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Mon-Fri double shot cappuccino with one sugar at lunch
Sat-Sun strong press with condensed milk 😋 at breakfast

Until a few years ago I was a 5-6 cups a day of strong coffee
Then I started getting palpitations and the shakes :(
Now none after 2.00pm unless it is decaf

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Black, drip brewed. Never iced or cold. After it's brewed, I pour it immediately (no sitting on hot plate) and then let it cool down for a bit, I drink it when it's still warm—warmer than lukewarm, but not hot.

Prefer medium to medium-dark roasted, tend more towards Columbian coffees. Dulima is one of my favorites.

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
Coffe, I like it black if it's hot. Black coffee is my everyday intake.
Iced/cold brew I usually like cream and sugar. I'm also a sucker for the cold weather holidays so I will usually have a seasonal latte or two during fall/Christmas.
I like black tea with a spoonful of honey, but also enjoy Irish breakfast straight.

Mar 1, 2014
I like to say that I am totally indifferent to all aspects of coffee.
I don't feel the caffeine unless I'm dead tired, I've spent years drinking it black and I still love mixing in 25% hazelnut cream, and if it's not readily available I don't care if I do or don't have it.