PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

peejhunt

Lurker
Aug 26, 2010
Greenup, Kentucky
Y
I am an occasional pipe smoker as I'm limited by time (work full-time, two children) and a place (I can't smoke anywhere indoors, I have no shed). I normally will smoke in the summer in the garden or on a walk on our local common (Wimbledon) or when we go camping. I wish I had more opportunity but until I move somewhere I own or have a relaxing outbuilding to hang out in, I have to be content with what I have!

So just out of nosey interest how often do you get to smoke?

A: Daily
B: Weekly
C: Monthly
D: Occasionally
You and I have some similarities. I can’t smoke in the house and have no shed so porch smoking is my lot. I’m not complaining, it’s a wonderful way to wrap up a busy day. The only problem is that my smoking is limited to warm months. Typically that means March-October. I’m hoping a shed is in our future. 👍

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
Y

You and I have some similarities. I can’t smoke in the house and have no shed so porch smoking is my lot. I’m not complaining, it’s a wonderful way to wrap up a busy day. The only problem is that my smoking is limited to warm months. Typically that means March-October. I’m hoping a shed is in our future. 👍
As I read several of the posts I find that many have a common thread of not having a place to smoke. Can't inside and not shed, barn, outbuilding, etc. I understand as my wife doesn't mind me smoking a pipe, just not in the house.
Anyway, it makes me think about how different things were "back in the day" when it was commonplace to smoke inside of homes, office buildings, public structures and even hospitals.... It is a bit hard to get my mind around after so many years of the "anti-smoking" efforts.

MidnightPuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 6, 2020
Ohio
Daily less or more. At most I get around ten bowls, at least I get one. I use smokeless products when at work or short on time. I love both forms of tobacco dearly and am still trying to figure out what I love more.

beerandbaccy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 22, 2015
UK
Y

A heated shed please with a small bar and selection of drinks! :col:

Haggard

Lurker
Jan 17, 2011
Canada
Where is SaltedPlug? He's another one who doesn't smoke, but was quite active on here.

I haven't smoked my pipes since January.

In that time, I've bought a new Scottie Piersel pencil shank brandy and a Werner Mummert bulldog with polymerized corn leaves.

Also a few pounds of pipe tobacco and about 30 cigars.

I just like pipes and occasionally, a good cigar. But if I go some months without smoking them, that's fine too. Just haven't felt like it for awhile, but I do like a nice pipe.

To me, it's a valid form of art. A wood sculpture.

Pretty neat that you can also smoke out of them if you want.

MartyA

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2024
Iowa
As I read several of the posts I find that many have a common thread of not having a place to smoke. Can't inside and not shed, barn, outbuilding, etc. I understand as my wife doesn't mind me smoking a pipe, just not in the house.
Anyway, it makes me think about how different things were "back in the day" when it was commonplace to smoke inside of homes, office buildings, public structures and even hospitals.... It is a bit hard to get my mind around after so many years of the "anti-smoking" efforts.
I bought my first pipe about 1968 or 69 when there was a guy who smoked a pipe with Borkum Riff in the study hall of the student union at the University of Nebraska, and it just smelled so good... NO WAY NO MORE.

Reactions: Choatecav