PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sanzini

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2021
Bristow, VA
VA newbie checking in.

Simple question for the group: How often do you smoke?

I'm curious to know if there are folks out there who have a pipe clenched in their teeth all day, every day.
Or if you smoke a few times a day, or just a few times each week...or less often.

Happy to know your routines and habits. Cheers!

Mtlpiper

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2019
Montreal, QC
Constantly.
Any of us who post in the monthly 'what are you smoking' thread know this to be true. I can't keep up with that kind of speed.

For me, it really varies (depends upon what I'm doing). I'll probably smoke 3 or 4 bowls maximum on a very free day. Most of the time just one or two bowls. Sometimes I go a few days between a bowl.

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Time and weather are a couple variables come in to play for me. I smoke for relaxation, so if I can’t dedicate at least an hour, I won’t smoke.
I’m also an outdoors only smoker, so if conditions aren’t conducive for a nice relaxing smoke, I won’t smoke. I’ve gone a couple weeks in the winter, especially during bitter cold spells, where I won’t smoke at all. Likewise with especially hot temperatures.
I‘d say that I average 2 bowls per day during the week and 3-4 on the weekends.

Sanzini

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2021
Bristow, VA
Time and weather are a couple variables come in to play for me. I smoke for relaxation, so if I can’t dedicate at least an hour, I won’t smoke.
I’m also an outdoors only smoker, so if conditions aren’t conducive for a nice relaxing smoke, I won’t smoke. I’ve gone a couple weeks in the winter, especially during bitter cold spells, where I won’t smoke at all. Likewise with especially hot temperatures.
I‘d say that I average 2 bowls per day during the week and 3-4 on the weekends.
This sounds like me as well, that is after I ramp up a bit. So far I've just been lighting up 4-5 times/week. I'm outside only as well (wife's rules) and don't care to go out if it's too hot, which has been the case the last 2 weeks.

RookieGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2021
Maryland
Between work, kids and family responsibilities, and life,I don't smoke near as much as I want. 3, sometimes 4 bowls a day during the week and 5 or 6 on weekends.

Jim, you left out an important key to being able to smoke constantly. It gets easier if you can control your environment. Call it a karmatic reward for the lean years.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Simple question for the group: How often do you smoke?
First off, an apology for answering your question with another

Why is it important to you, to know how often OTHERS smoke ?

There are those who smoke a bowl a week, and others who have a pipe in their mouth most of the day.

I'm a weekend smoker, and always outdoors. My wife dislikes tobacco in all forms, but tolerates my smoking. I don't smoke around her, or my children.

My workplace is a non-smoking environment. I'd be very uneasy turning up at the office with the smell of tobacco lingering on my clothes.

I don't smoke if I'm ill or unwell.

A pipe or cigar is an hour or two of down time and relaxation for me, so I never smoke when I'm on the go.

These are the parameters that govern my smoking. Others have different parameters.

Go with what you are comfortable with, not what others do :)

Sanzini

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2021
Bristow, VA
First off, an apology for answering your question with another

Why is it important to you, to know how often OTHERS smoke ?

There are those who smoke a bowl a week, and others who have a pipe in their mouth most of the day.

I'm a weekend smoker, and always outdoors. My wife dislikes tobacco in all forms, but tolerates my smoking. I don't smoke around her, or my children.

My workplace is a non-smoking environment. I'd be very uneasy turning up at the office with the smell of tobacco lingering on my clothes.

I don't smoke if I'm ill or unwell.

A pipe or cigar is an hour or two of down time and relaxation for me, so I never smoke when I'm on the go.

These are the parameters that govern my smoking. Others have different parameters.

Go with what you are comfortable with, not what others do :)
Sage advice.