PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Pooh-Bah

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2023
Central Maryland
I had considered titling the thread "Greetings from Ancient Japan", and doing my darndest to deliver it in-character as my operatic namesake. Decided against it, too much effort for not enough reward.

But, yes. I'm 30, been a pipe smoker for a year and some change - started with a basket briar and a pouch of B22. Currently working my way through a can of Three Star Blue, with intermittent breaks for Sutliff's match of 965, Amphora, or my unholy "house blend" of aromatic dottle and burley.

My nice meer has a crack in the shank and I opened an account here for the sole purpose of seeking advice, but I also figured it was only proper to say "Hello" first.

Pooh-Bah

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2023
Central Maryland
Thank you, everyone. I've just opened up a thread in the repair/maintenance forum, and I've been lurking here accountless for long enough to know that my uncertainty is not long for this world.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I had considered titling the thread "Greetings from Ancient Japan", and doing my darndest to deliver it in-character as my operatic namesake. Decided against it, too much effort for not enough reward.

But, yes. I'm 30, been a pipe smoker for a year and some change - started with a basket briar and a pouch of B22. Currently working my way through a can of Three Star Blue, with intermittent breaks for Sutliff's match of 965, Amphora, or my unholy "house blend" of aromatic dottle and burley.

My nice meer has a crack in the shank and I opened an account here for the sole purpose of seeking advice, but I also figured it was only proper to say "Hello" first.
Send it to Briarville. They work on meerschaum.

Reactions: Pooh-Bah

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wait, are you in Japan, ancient or otherwise, or is that only your the origin of your handle?

Hey from central North Carolina, and welcome aboard.

Three Star Blue is a blend that I tried and found rather edgy/harsh, but then a year or two later tried again and really liked. I have a 7 oz tin I will open some day and see how it goes again.

Reactions: Pooh-Bah

Pooh-Bah

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2023
Central Maryland
Wait, are you in Japan, ancient or otherwise, or is that only your the origin of your handle?
I realized not long after I'd hit enter on the OP that I'd failed to actually include my location as being Maryland.

As for the handle's origin: In Gilbert and Sullivan's comedic opera "The Mikado", set long ago in Japan ("I won't say how long ago, because I don't know,"-William Gilbert) Pooh-Bah is the arrogant man who occupies every major government position simultaneously. He uses his conflicting duties as an excuse to do no work unless he's been bribed for it. I'm a big fan of their work, and figured Pooh-Bah was a better handle than most of their other characters' names.